PDA

View Full Version : flying in Denmark or Sweden

R. Wubben
May 20th 04, 05:31 AM
Greetings,
I am going on vacation to Copenhagen and Stockholm in June. Are there
clubs or the equivlent of FBO's where one could fly with an instructor
for some sightseeing? (not foolish enough to think I could do this
solo). I have a US PPL and glider rating.

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Ryan Wubben

Frode Berg
May 20th 04, 11:30 AM
Hi!

In Copenhagen, you should check with FBO's at Roskilde airport. It's a 15
minute trainride from central Copenhagen.
Kastrup does not have much light traffic, as I believe the landing fee is
something like $300 there, weras at EKRK it is around $8.....

A subtile suggestion that light planes should choose Roskilde.....

I am in Norway, but have flown to Roskilde many times, and I know they have
flying schools there. Do a google search, you should find something.

As for Stockholm, Bromma seems to be the airport that people choose to fly
to from here anywere.
They probably have at least a flying school, so again, a google search
should do the trick.

By the way: http://bestaviationschools.com/index.asp
It's a free signup, and you will find direct contact info for clubs and
schools around the world.

Good luck,

Frode

"R. Wubben" > skrev i melding
om...
> Greetings,
> I am going on vacation to Copenhagen and Stockholm in June. Are there
> clubs or the equivlent of FBO's where one could fly with an instructor
> for some sightseeing? (not foolish enough to think I could do this
> solo). I have a US PPL and glider rating.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Regards,
> Ryan Wubben

Travis Marlatte
May 20th 04, 01:02 PM
I have flown around Stockholm out of Bromma. It's about a 1/2 hour drive
fromt he center of Stockholm. There are several flight schools there.
Assuming you don't speak Danish or Swedish, call them first. You probably
want to make sure that they have someone that can pander to your English. On
the other hand, almost everyone in Copenhagen and Stockholm speaks usable
English.

I went up with an instructor in an Arrow. Of course, there are rules that
are different than in the U.S.. The controllers will talk in English but the
default was Swedish. The instructor handled most of the radio calls. I
could understand enough to follow the instructions without his
interpretation. But, on a few occasions, I had to ask, "Did he say at or
above 3000 or at or below 3000?" When I did communicate, I tried several
paces of my American English. ATC could handle everything I gave them.

--
-------------------------------
Travis
"Frode Berg" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> In Copenhagen, you should check with FBO's at Roskilde airport. It's a 15
> minute trainride from central Copenhagen.
> Kastrup does not have much light traffic, as I believe the landing fee is
> something like $300 there, weras at EKRK it is around $8.....
>
> A subtile suggestion that light planes should choose Roskilde.....
>
> I am in Norway, but have flown to Roskilde many times, and I know they
have
> flying schools there. Do a google search, you should find something.
>
> As for Stockholm, Bromma seems to be the airport that people choose to fly
> to from here anywere.
> They probably have at least a flying school, so again, a google search
> should do the trick.
>
> By the way: http://bestaviationschools.com/index.asp
> It's a free signup, and you will find direct contact info for clubs and
> schools around the world.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Frode
>
> "R. Wubben" > skrev i melding
> om...
> > Greetings,
> > I am going on vacation to Copenhagen and Stockholm in June. Are there
> > clubs or the equivlent of FBO's where one could fly with an instructor
> > for some sightseeing? (not foolish enough to think I could do this
> > solo). I have a US PPL and glider rating.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > Regards,
> > Ryan Wubben

Paul Sengupta
May 22nd 04, 08:35 PM
"Frode Berg" > wrote in message
> As for Stockholm, Bromma seems to be the airport that people choose to fly
> to from here anywere.
> They probably have at least a flying school, so again, a google search
> should do the trick.

http://www.stockholms-flyg.se

Stockholm flying club. I was a member for half a year.

Do a search on groups.google.com for my old experiences about
flying in Sweden. Off-line at the moment so I can't look them up.

Paul

Paul Sengupta
May 23rd 04, 02:00 PM
"Paul Sengupta" > wrote in message
> http://www.stockholms-flyg.se
>
> Stockholm flying club. I was a member for half a year.

Actually I was a member for a year, but since I was back in
the UK, I couldn't use the second half of my membership! :-)

Paul

Google