PDA

View Full Version : A guy in a wingsuit goes mountain surfing

HECTOP
May 28th 04, 07:30 AM
I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!

http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)

Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
other info.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Doug FM
May 28th 04, 08:16 AM
Holy adrenalin rush Batman, that must be freakin' incredible. I'd try that
in a heartbeat!

Doug

"HECTOP" > wrote in message
> I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
>
> http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)
>
> Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
> other info.
>

> HECTOP
> PP-ASEL-IA
> http://www.maxho.com
> maxho_at_maxho.com

Robert Gray
May 28th 04, 08:39 AM
I'd like to belive that was a fake, but I can't see how they could possibly
do it. Hanging from a helicopter was my first thought, but there's too much
clearance. Scepticism removed.
Bloody Amazing!

Rob G

"Doug FM" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Holy adrenalin rush Batman, that must be freakin' incredible. I'd try that
> in a heartbeat!
>
> Doug
>
> "HECTOP" > wrote in message
> > I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
> >
> > http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)
> >
> > Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but
no
> > other info.
> >

> > HECTOP
> > PP-ASEL-IA
> > http://www.maxho.com
> > maxho_at_maxho.com

Alex
May 28th 04, 09:03 AM
That'd be Loic Jean Albert .....

"Robert Gray" > wrote in message
> I'd like to belive that was a fake, but I can't see how they could
> possibly
> do it. Hanging from a helicopter was my first thought, but there's too
> much
> clearance. Scepticism removed.
> Bloody Amazing!

Nathan Young
May 28th 04, 12:22 PM
On Fri, 28 May 2004 02:30:31 -0400, "HECTOP" >
wrote:

>I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
>
>http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)
>
>Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
>other info.

Wow! Now that's an extreme sport. I wonder what his glide ratio is?
Looks like about 1:1.

-Nathan

Jay Honeck
May 28th 04, 02:38 PM
Awesome!

Mind if I put that one on our video page?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

"HECTOP" > wrote in message
> I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
>
> http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)
>
> Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
> other info.
>

> HECTOP
> PP-ASEL-IA
> http://www.maxho.com
> maxho_at_maxho.com

Aviv Hod
May 28th 04, 02:59 PM
"HECTOP" > wrote in message
> I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
>
> http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)
>
> Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
> other info.
>

> HECTOP
> PP-ASEL-IA
> http://www.maxho.com
> maxho_at_maxho.com

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen, and there are more
insane videos on the performance design web site. Check it out:

http://www.performancedesigns.com/pdzone/video2.asp?team=loic&category=ff&videoID=52

I hope Loic spares his mother a lot of grief and doesn't show her the videos
of what he does for a living... :-)

-Aviv

HECTOP
May 28th 04, 04:01 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> Mind if I put that one on our video page?

Somebody must own the copyright, but they probably put out the video for
promotion anyway, so sure go ahead,
just put up a link back to the authors once we'll find out for sure who they
are.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Neily
May 28th 04, 04:47 PM
>SNIP<
> This seems to be Felix Baumgartner, he's from Austria.
>
> also crossed the Canal in a jump suite.
>
> see his website: http://www.felixbaumgartner.com/

It's Loic Jean Albert, alot of planning into this jump. As far as I know
the ratio of the slope is steeper than his glide ratio. Very impressive.

Neily

HECTOP
May 28th 04, 05:41 PM
"HECTOP" > wrote in message
>I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
> http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)

ok, caugh the perpertator! He is the amazing Loic Jean Albert.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/pdzone/video2.asp?team=loic&category=ff&videoID=52

Thanks to all who responded!

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

chuck
May 28th 04, 06:12 PM
>Subject: Re: A guy in a wingsuit goes mountain surfing
>From: Martin Hotze
>Date: 5/28/04 10:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time

>Secret Service agents questioned a high-school student here about anti-war
>drawings he turned in to his art teacher.
>http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001913678_prosser27m.html

Let me guess, John Walker Lindh's younger brother? Any threat expressed or
implied against a President is cause for investigation. Scary world out there.

John Jordan
May 28th 04, 06:31 PM

> It's Loic Jean Albert, alot of planning into this jump. As far as I know
> the ratio of the slope is steeper than his glide ratio. Very impressive.

It would have been a slightly messier video otherwise wouldn't it ?

;-)

Dave
May 28th 04, 06:44 PM
HECTOP wrote:

> I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
>
> http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)
>
> Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
> other info.
>
> HECTOP
> PP-ASEL-IA
> http://www.maxho.com
> maxho_at_maxho.com

That is absolutely , errrrm...breathtaking! Kids these days! I hope I
could live long enough to see how this evolves as a general sport.

Mankind! As Flying Squirrels!

Useful? Wow,time will tell..after reading the "Rutan" thread...some
people just can't see their nose, even VFR.

Thanks, HECTOP!

~D

peter p@n
May 28th 04, 08:19 PM
"HECTOP" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
>
> http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)
>
> Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but no
> other info.

SOUL FLYERS the video

http://www.para-mag.com/archives/directlive/direct193/direct.html

John Jordan
May 28th 04, 10:29 PM
Anyone seen this ? Any good ? Anyone translate that Frenchie stuff into
Anglais ?

JJ
"peter p@n" > wrote in message

> "HECTOP" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
> >
> > http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv 4.15Mb)
> >
> > Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video, but
no
> > other info.
> >

> SOUL FLYERS the video
>
> http://www.para-mag.com/archives/directlive/direct193/direct.html

HECTOP
May 28th 04, 10:33 PM
"John Jordan" > wrote in message
> Anyone seen this ? Any good ? Anyone translate that Frenchie stuff into
> Anglais ?

http://babelfish.altavista.com

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Main
May 29th 04, 10:47 AM
> This seems to be Felix Baumgartner, he's from Austria.
>
> also crossed the Canal in a jump suite.
>
> see his website: http://www.felixbaumgartner.com/

Felix does a wonderful job promoting is sponsors product. He's a real pro
when it comes to this.
But does he have the ability to perform incredible pioneering jumps?????? He
always seems the be the first / best at doing things that many others have
already done!!!!

Loic on the other hand, IS A BONA FIDE talent. He has results on the board.

MikeW
May 29th 04, 10:09 PM
When I click on the link all I get is an error message in Windows Media
saying "Reached the end of the file". Any help for a novice (computer
user) would be appreciated.

MikeW

"HECTOP" > wrote in message
> I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
>
> http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv
4.15Mb)

> Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video,
but no
> other info.
>

> HECTOP
> PP-ASEL-IA
> http://www.maxho.com
> maxho_at_maxho.com

Kyle Boatright
May 29th 04, 10:54 PM
All the folks downloading that video have probably exceeded his upload
quota, and his ISP has more or less turned off the website, at least
temporarily.

"MikeW" > wrote in message
> When I click on the link all I get is an error message in Windows Media
> saying "Reached the end of the file". Any help for a novice (computer
> user) would be appreciated.
>
> MikeW
>
> "HECTOP" > wrote in message
> > I admit to being a wuffo, but this is breathtaking!
> >
> > http://www.maxho.com/videos/wingsuit.wmv (Windows Media 9 .wmv
> 4.15Mb)
> >
> > Does anyone know who/when/where this is? Someone sent me the video,
> but no
> > other info.
> >

> > HECTOP
> > PP-ASEL-IA
> > http://www.maxho.com
> > maxho_at_maxho.com

HECTOP
May 29th 04, 11:37 PM
"Kyle Boatright" > wrote in message
> All the folks downloading that video have probably exceeded his upload

yup, but you can view the original at:
http://www.performancedesigns.com/pdzone/video2.asp?team=loic&category=ff&videoID=52
and http://www.para-mag.com/archives/directlive/direct193/direct.html
(click on the film icon top left)

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

MikeW
May 30th 04, 01:09 AM
I must be missing something (like half a brain). I click on your link
below, go into the site, click on select a video, click on Wingsuit
mountain swoop which brings up a rather small white box/screen with what
looks like two bits of film. I've clicked on them, nothing happens. Cant
see any film icon top left. Help!

MikeW

"HECTOP" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Kyle Boatright" > wrote in message
> > All the folks downloading that video have probably exceeded his
upload

> yup, but you can view the original at:

http://www.performancedesigns.com/pdzone/video2.asp?team=loic&category=ff&videoID=52
> and http://www.para-mag.com/archives/directlive/direct193/direct.html
> (click on the film icon top left)
>
> HECTOP
> PP-ASEL-IA
> http://www.maxho.com
> maxho_at_maxho.com

bigjim
May 30th 04, 02:40 AM
You can view this video on PD's website.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/pdzone/video2.asp?team=loic&category=ff&videoID=52

HECTOP
May 30th 04, 05:02 AM
"MikeW" > wrote in message
> below, go into the site, click on select a video, click on Wingsuit

just use this link and pick your bandwidth

http://www.para-net.org/paramag/archives/directlive/direct193/qt.html

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

MikeW
May 30th 04, 10:53 AM
"HECTOP" > wrote in message
. ..
> "MikeW" > wrote in message
> > below, go into the site, click on select a video, click on Wingsuit
>
> just use this link and pick your bandwidth
>
> http://www.para-net.org/paramag/archives/directlive/direct193/qt.html

I'm afraid that does not work either. I go into the site and have the
option of three bandwidths. Tried them all. On clicking on a bandwidth
all that happens is a new screen appears with an film icon, as in my
help anyway.

> HECTOP
> PP-ASEL-IA
> http://www.maxho.com
> maxho_at_maxho.com

HECTOP
May 30th 04, 11:23 AM
"MikeW" > wrote in message

you probably don't have Quicktime player installed, or the latest version
required, you can download it for free from:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

good luck

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

MikeW
May 30th 04, 10:36 PM
"HECTOP" > wrote in message
> "MikeW" > wrote in message
>
> you probably don't have Quicktime player installed, or the latest
version
> required, you can download it for free from:
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
>
> good luck

Now have latest QuickTime installed and at last have managed to view the
video. Most impressive. Many thanks for all your help.

MikeW

> HECTOP
> PP-ASEL-IA
> http://www.maxho.com