PDA

View Full Version : Looking for flying club or Fractional Share

Karl Treier
June 12th 04, 11:53 PM
Looking for a flying club in the Cincinnati, OH area, or a someone
interested in a fractional partner 1/3 to a 1/4 of a 172.

Andrew Sarangan
June 12th 04, 11:56 PM
"Karl Treier" > wrote in news:zPLyc.559$1F6.367
@fe37.usenetserver.com:

> Looking for a flying club in the Cincinnati, OH area, or a someone
> interested in a fractional partner 1/3 to a 1/4 of a 172.

Not exactly Cincinnati, but the Dayton Pilots Club is located at MGY. If
you live in the north end of Cincinanti, it may not be very far. Check
http://www.daytonpilotsclub.org

Bartscher
June 13th 04, 12:53 AM
:

>> Looking for a flying club in the Cincinnati, OH area, or a someone
>> interested in a fractional partner 1/3 to a 1/4 of a 172.

I'd recommend the Blue Ash Meteors or the Flying Neutrons, both located at Blue
Ash (ISZ). I haven't lived in Cincinnati for a couple of years but as of 2002,
these were the fleets:

The Meteors have 20 members and 2 planes (Cherokee Six-300 and an Archer II).
http://www.geocities.com/blueashmeteors/

The Neutrons have (had in 2002) 6 planes including a 152, 172, 2 Arrows, a
Cherokee Six-260, and a Bonanza 36; with a lot of members (maybe 150+).

I was a member of the Meteors and I had several friends who were members of the
Neutrons. Based on those expereinces (as of 2002) I'd recommend either one. The
Meteors are restricted to 20 members so you need to find someone willing to
sell a share ($5 to $6K). I sold my share for what I bought it for, when I
moved away. I think the Neutrons have a buy-in in the hundreds of dollars and
they aren't limited as to the number of members.

I'd recommend talking to people currently in the clubs to get better info.

Good luck...
Eric

EDR
June 14th 04, 01:39 AM
In article >, Karl Treier
> wrote:

> Looking for a flying club in the Cincinnati, OH area, or a someone
> interested in a fractional partner 1/3 to a 1/4 of a 172.

What side of town?

Google