PDA

View Full Version : O2 suggestions

Robert M. Gary
June 17th 04, 05:04 PM
I've been carrying my O2 for quite a few years now. However, I've
never found a good way to transport the cannulas/hoses/valves. The
molded plastic container they came it is too time consuming to repack
4 cannuals after every trip. I've been putting them in plastic zip
locks but they don't fit well in them, they try to fall out, and it
pinches the connections a bit.
What are most people doing?

-Robert

Todd Pattist
June 17th 04, 05:12 PM
(Robert M. Gary) wrote:

>I've been carrying my O2 for quite a few years now. However, I've
>never found a good way to transport the cannulas/hoses/valves. The
>molded plastic container they came it is too time consuming to repack
>4 cannuals after every trip. I've been putting them in plastic zip
>locks but they don't fit well in them, they try to fall out, and it
>pinches the connections a bit.
>What are most people doing?

I have a single system in a glider, but I don't want it
smashed up before I need it. I keep it in a semi-hard
plastic sandwich box, as is sold by Tupperware and
Rubbermaid.

Todd Pattist
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)
___
Make a commitment to learn something from every flight.
Share what you learn.

Peter Duniho
June 17th 04, 05:51 PM
"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
om...
> [...] I've been putting them in plastic zip
> locks but they don't fit well in them, they try to fall out, and it
> pinches the connections a bit.

I use Ziploc bags too. The gallon bags allow me to fit my "Oxymizer"
cannulas, hose, and valve without having to crimp or otherwise damage them.
How large a bag are you trying to stuff your equipment into?

Pete

Kyler Laird
June 17th 04, 10:09 PM
(Robert M. Gary) writes:

>I've been carrying my O2 for quite a few years now. However, I've
>never found a good way to transport the cannulas/hoses/valves.

>What are most people doing?

I leave mine hanging off a piece of the frame near the windshield.
I like having it handy. I hit thunderstorms on my last flight (a
couple days ago) and needed to climb higher than expected over
clouds. It's a bad time to look for a cannula.

(I use a Bandit, so it's a little less fragile and easier to don
than an over-ears model.)

--kyler

EDR
June 17th 04, 10:19 PM
In article >, Todd Pattist
> wrote:

> (Robert M. Gary) wrote:
>
> >I've been carrying my O2 for quite a few years now. However, I've
> >never found a good way to transport the cannulas/hoses/valves. The
> >molded plastic container they came it is too time consuming to repack
> >4 cannuals after every trip. I've been putting them in plastic zip
> >locks but they don't fit well in them, they try to fall out, and it
> >pinches the connections a bit.
> >What are most people doing?

Freezer bags come in 1-quart, 1-gallon and 2-gallon.
What size don't gear fit in?

Google