PDA

View Full Version : Re: Markte survey - hardwood B-8 stick grips

June 22nd 04, 06:01 PM
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:39:43 -0700, Richard Riley
> wrote:

>I'm trying to guage general interest. I'm not planning on selling
>them directly, really I just want a pair for myself but it looks like
>the minimum reasonable run is about 100. I'll sell the rest to Wicks
>and Spruce to sell to the public.
>
>Anyone interested?
>
>Richard Riley

I was planning to make my own Richard, but I wasn't going to use
exotic wood. Plain old Poplar, stained to whatever hue would be fine
with me.

Corky Scott

G.R. Patterson III
June 22nd 04, 07:43 PM
wrote:

> I was planning to make my own Richard, but I wasn't going to use
> exotic wood. Plain old Poplar, stained to whatever hue would be fine
> with me.

Pick up a chunk of Honduras Mahogany. It'll only run you a few dollars more, it
carves like a dream, and you don't have to stain it. Just apply a few coats of
varnish and you're done. Much easier to work with than poplar or walnut.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Google