PDA

View Full Version : Yaesu/Vertex coax antenna adaptor

RM
July 10th 04, 09:52 PM
regarding the long thread on transceivers...

I still have the BNC antenna adaptor for the stolen unit. If any Vertex
fan would like it enough to stop by and pick it up (can't see as it's
worth packing up and mailing), I'd let it go for five bucks or maybe a
few beers. In Dallas, near ADS.

Cub Driver
July 11th 04, 10:41 AM
On 10 Jul 2004 13:52:56 -0700, (RM) wrote:

>I still have the BNC antenna adaptor for the stolen unit. If any Vertex
>fan would like it enough to stop by and pick it up (can't see as it's
>worth packing up and mailing), I'd let it go for five bucks or maybe a
>few beers. In Dallas, near ADS.

A three-cent (oops! I mean 37 cent) stamp ought to suffice. Mine
weighs 0.4 ounces in its zip-lock bag.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org

Jim Weir
July 11th 04, 03:07 PM
Well, that's a long trip from the Left Coast, even FOR a relatively inexpensive
adapter.

Would you take a self-addressed stamped box with some of our RST goodies packed
in a $5 bill and mail it to us? How about a base station antenna SortaKit®
wrapped in a bill?

Hopefully, we'll be a Vertex dealer here shortly and I'd like to have one
adapter just to do some testing so that I know what I'm talking about.

Jim

->On 10 Jul 2004 13:52:56 -0700, (RM) wrote:
->
->>I still have the BNC antenna adaptor for the stolen unit. If any Vertex
->>fan would like it enough to stop by and pick it up (can't see as it's
->>worth packing up and mailing), I'd let it go for five bucks or maybe a
->>few beers. In Dallas, near ADS.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Cub Driver
July 12th 04, 12:21 PM
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:07:48 -0700, Jim Weir > wrote:

>Hopefully, we'll be a Vertex dealer here shortly and I'd like to have one
>adapter just to do some testing so that I know what I'm talking about.

I did a search on Google. If I recall correctly, the adapter cost $3
and the s/h $5, and I had it before I flew the next time.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org

RM
July 12th 04, 07:26 PM

$9.99 + s/h at pilotmall.com
$9.95 + s/h at Flight Essentials

Still think you recalled correctly? I'd be glad to be shown a better
store.

RM
July 12th 04, 07:27 PM

$9.99 + s/h at pilotmall.com
$9.95 + s/h at Flight Essentials

Still think you recalled correctly? I'd be glad to be shown a better
store.

Peter Gottlieb
July 12th 04, 11:04 PM
What kind of adapter is it?

Is it a female sma to female BNC?

"RM" > wrote in message
m...
> Cub Driver > wrote in message
> > I did a search on Google. If I recall correctly, the adapter cost $3
> > and the s/h $5, and I had it before I flew the next time.
> >

> $9.99 + s/h at pilotmall.com
> $9.95 + s/h at Flight Essentials
>
> Still think you recalled correctly? I'd be glad to be shown a better
> store.

Cub Driver
July 13th 04, 10:51 AM
On 12 Jul 2004 11:26:36 -0700, (RM) wrote:

>$9.99 + s/h at pilotmall.com
>$9.95 + s/h at Flight Essentials
>
>Still think you recalled correctly? I'd be glad to be shown a better
>store.

Mine was $3.85. Very likely Radio Shack has one.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org

RM
July 13th 04, 01:55 PM
It's BNC male on one end, SMA female on the other. It fits onto the
Vertex antenna connector and allows a standard BNC cable to be connected
to the unit. $11 + s/h at pilotportal.com

"Peter Gottlieb" > wrote in message >...
> What kind of adapter is it?
>
> Is it a female sma to female BNC?
>

> "RM" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Cub Driver > wrote in message
> > > I did a search on Google. If I recall correctly, the adapter cost $3
> > > and the s/h $5, and I had it before I flew the next time.
> > >

> > $9.99 + s/h at pilotmall.com
> > $9.95 + s/h at Flight Essentials
> >
> > Still think you recalled correctly? I'd be glad to be shown a better
> > store.

Peter Gottlieb
July 13th 04, 04:34 PM
Like this?

http://www.baproducts.com/rfa-8381.jpg

That one is $4.85 in single quantity, but I've seen them cheaper. Ask a ham
to pick you up one at the next hamfest for a couple of bucks.

Peter

"RM" > wrote in message
om...
> It's BNC male on one end, SMA female on the other. It fits onto the
> Vertex antenna connector and allows a standard BNC cable to be connected
> to the unit. $11 + s/h at pilotportal.com

Jim Weir
July 13th 04, 04:42 PM
Would you mind sexing (you should pardon the expression) that connector again?
The sex of an RF connector is determined by the CENTER PIN, and not the shell.
I think you mean BNC female to SMA male.

Jim

(RM)

->to the unit. $11 + s/h at pilotportal.com

http://www.rst-engr.com

RM
July 13th 04, 04:49 PM
You are correct. BNC female, SMA male.

Jim Weir wrote:

> Would you mind sexing (you should pardon the expression) that connector again?
> The sex of an RF connector is determined by the CENTER PIN, and not the shell.
> I think you mean BNC female to SMA male.
>

> Jim
>

> (RM)
> shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:
>
> ->It's BNC male on one end, SMA female on the other. It fits onto the
> ->Vertex antenna connector and allows a standard BNC cable to be connected
> ->to the unit. $11 + s/h at pilotportal.com
>
> Jim Weir (A&P/IA, CFI, & other good alphabet soup)
> VP Eng RST Pres. Cyberchapter EAA Tech. Counselor
> http://www.rst-engr.com

RM
July 13th 04, 05:20 PM
No, that is female on both ends.

Like this:

http://www.pacific-coast-avionics.com/detail.asp?id=4072

Though if you think the asking price of a few beers is not as good
a deal as getting some theoretical ham buddy to get you one when he
gets around to it, that's fine by me.

Peter Gottlieb wrote:
> Like this?
>
> http://www.baproducts.com/rfa-8381.jpg
>
> That one is $4.85 in single quantity, but I've seen them cheaper. Ask a ham
> to pick you up one at the next hamfest for a couple of bucks.
>
> Peter
>

> "RM" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>It's BNC male on one end, SMA female on the other. It fits onto the
>>Vertex antenna connector and allows a standard BNC cable to be connected
>>to the unit. $11 + s/h at pilotportal.com

Paul Sengupta
July 13th 04, 05:49 PM
"RM" > wrote in message
> You are correct. BNC female, SMA male.

Currently on auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4671&item=5708467313&rd=1
( http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z1B423BC8 )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48704&item=5709216560&rd=1
( http://makeashorterlink.com/?D3C424BC8 )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40979&item=5708514618&rd=1
( http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2D412BC8 )

Or e-bay stores:

http://stores.ebay.com/RADIOSHOPSUPPLIES_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm
( http://makeashorterlink.com/?E31512BC8 )

http://stores.ebay.com/EE-INDUSTRIES_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQdptZ0QQpZ2QQsclZal lQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm
( http://makeashorterlink.com/?N2F423BC8 )

And probably quite a few more.

Paul

Jim Weir
July 13th 04, 06:08 PM
Look at the picture closely. It is BNC female on the left and SMA male on the
right by my eyeball, even though I can't see inside the SMA end or the BNC end
with that tiny picture.

Tellya what. Take the adaptor you have. Look at the small SMA end. Is there a
pointed pin in the center or a pin with a hole in it? Look at the large BNC
end. Do the same eyeball. If it has a pointed pin, it is MALE; if it has a
hole in the pin, it is FEMALE.

Jim

RM >

->No, that is female on both ends.
->
->Like this:
->
->http://www.pacific-coast-avionics.com/detail.asp?id=4072

http://www.rst-engr.com

Peter Gottlieb
July 13th 04, 09:32 PM
"RM" > wrote in message
> No, that is female on both ends.
>
> Like this:
>
> http://www.pacific-coast-avionics.com/detail.asp?id=4072
>
> Though if you think the asking price of a few beers is not as good
> a deal as getting some theoretical ham buddy to get you one when he
> gets around to it, that's fine by me.

The "few beers" deal works for ONE person who happens to be close to you.
For everyone else it is more useful to have suppliers who have the item on
an ongoing basis.

Google