PDA

View Full Version : PDA Weather

David Rind
July 11th 04, 06:40 PM
I just bought a Treo, and am wondering about my options for inflight
weather. I've never had access to weather in flight, so I'm not really
sure what I should be looking for given the size and resolution of the
screen.

Does the weather map provide enough point details (VORs, airports?) so
that you can match the weather tightly to your location, or is it only
useful for getting a general sense of where there are problems? Do you
need a GPS linked in to the weather map to make it actually useful?

Any thoughts people have on this would be appreciated.

Thanks --

David
--
David Rind

Maule Driver
July 12th 04, 05:19 PM
I have a Treo (Sprint pcs). Like previous phones, I get lousy reception
airborne. Sometimes down low I can make calls (and presumably interne
access) but at normal cruising altitudes I find it unuseable.

It it worked well, any display of a Nexrad image would be worth it's weight
in gold.

(Please spare this thread a discussion of the legal aspects)

"David Rind" > wrote in message
> I just bought a Treo, and am wondering about my options for inflight
> weather. I've never had access to weather in flight, so I'm not really
> sure what I should be looking for given the size and resolution of the
> screen.
>
> Does the weather map provide enough point details (VORs, airports?) so
> that you can match the weather tightly to your location, or is it only
> useful for getting a general sense of where there are problems? Do you
> need a GPS linked in to the weather map to make it actually useful?
>
> Any thoughts people have on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks --
>
> David
> --
> David Rind