PDA

View Full Version : High And Low

SelwayKid
July 17th 04, 03:10 AM
Prompted by a low flying question I thought I'd ask the board the
highest or lowest airport you've flown into/out of.
I've got about 12000 hrs in the lowest reaches of the airspace system
doing crop dusting worldwide, and utility work with helicopters in
same areas. BTW, a couple of those airports have to include La Paz
Bolivia, Quito Ecuador, and on the low end of the scale is Metzada at
-1266 msl. thats minus 1266 msl in the Dead Sea region.

BTIZ
July 17th 04, 05:25 AM
lowest.. Furnace Creek Death Valley CA, -(minus) 210MSL
highest... Tonopah Nevada, 5500MSL (roughly)
BT

"SelwayKid" > wrote in message
om...
> Prompted by a low flying question I thought I'd ask the board the
> highest or lowest airport you've flown into/out of.
> I've got about 12000 hrs in the lowest reaches of the airspace system
> doing crop dusting worldwide, and utility work with helicopters in
> same areas. BTW, a couple of those airports have to include La Paz
> Bolivia, Quito Ecuador, and on the low end of the scale is Metzada at
> -1266 msl. thats minus 1266 msl in the Dead Sea region.

John Gaquin
July 17th 04, 05:49 AM
"SelwayKid" > wrote in message

> highest or lowest airport you've flown into/out of.

LaPaz, Bogota. Lowest at sea level, I'd guess. Nothing unusually low.

Ditch
July 17th 04, 06:48 AM
The lowest AGL is a couple of feet spraying cotton in Georgia...the lowest MSL
is Imperial, CA at about -110 or something in a Caravan and the highest
elevation is around the 7000' mark flying gliders in Colorado.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*

BTIZ
July 17th 04, 04:44 PM
I think he meant airports flown from... but if not..

lowest AGL... single digit feet..
highest MSL, FL490, B-52G
BT

"Ditch" > wrote in message
> The lowest AGL is a couple of feet spraying cotton in Georgia...the lowest
MSL
> is Imperial, CA at about -110 or something in a Caravan and the highest
> elevation is around the 7000' mark flying gliders in Colorado.
>

> -John
> *You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or
North
> American*

Mike Rapoport
July 18th 04, 04:09 AM
How about density altitude, does that count? I've been to Fairbanks, AK
(434'MSL) in January when it was -58F.

Mike
MU-2

"SelwayKid" > wrote in message
om...
> Prompted by a low flying question I thought I'd ask the board the
> highest or lowest airport you've flown into/out of.
> I've got about 12000 hrs in the lowest reaches of the airspace system
> doing crop dusting worldwide, and utility work with helicopters in
> same areas. BTW, a couple of those airports have to include La Paz
> Bolivia, Quito Ecuador, and on the low end of the scale is Metzada at
> -1266 msl. thats minus 1266 msl in the Dead Sea region.

Google