PDA

View Full Version : Simulator with 3-monitor support?

Gary G
September 28th 04, 02:45 PM
Thanks for your response.
I appreciate that you took the time to respond.

3-monitor cards can be had more easily than you think.
Who said anything about "new".
There are many second-hand locations, including Ebay, where you can get a good deal
on a pretty decent 3-monitor card.

In fact, although it's not below $100, I recently ordered a surplus Matrox 3-something card
that is fairly new, 3 monitor output plus an S-Video output for $119.
Not bad, eh?

Anyways - thanks for your response.
I'll have to look more into MS 2004 - it says multi-monitor support, but
it's not clear if it supports 3 and what can be displayed.
Sometimes it's non-3D kneeboard or other stuff.
I want 2 side scenery displays!

Regards,

Gary

Stefan
September 28th 04, 03:25 PM
Gary G wrote:

> Anyways - thanks for your response.
> I'll have to look more into MS 2004 - it says multi-monitor support, but
> it's not clear if it supports 3 and what can be displayed.

There's always x-plane: http://www.x-plane.com/

x-plane does not support multiple monitors hooked to one computer, but
you can network as many computers as you like over ethernet, and
configure each one to display one view! Very cute, although definitely
more expensive than a $100 graphics card. What's more, it runs on Mac
and Linux as well as on Windows.

Stefan

Google