PDA

View Full Version : Flight physical

Slavko Vorkapitch
October 3rd 04, 08:54 PM
Anybody know what is the maximum age for taking the flight physical ??
My 81 year old father has started flight lessons (again).

Thanks in advance,
El Squid

Dave S
October 3rd 04, 09:02 PM
If someone can make it to the doctors office, they can take the
physical... unless you know an AME who makes house calls.

Dave

Slavko Vorkapitch wrote:

> Anybody know what is the maximum age for taking the flight physical ??
> My 81 year old father has started flight lessons (again).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> El Squid

Dave Stadt
October 3rd 04, 11:47 PM
There is none.

"Slavko Vorkapitch" > wrote in message
om...
> Anybody know what is the maximum age for taking the flight physical ??
> My 81 year old father has started flight lessons (again).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> El Squid

Cub Driver
October 4th 04, 10:37 AM
>Anybody know what is the maximum age for taking the flight physical ??
>My 81 year old father has started flight lessons (again).

Good fo rhim! I am 72, and the holder of a Class III medical, and I
know a couple of 80-year-olds who are in better shape than I am.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! www.vivabush.org

PaulH
October 4th 04, 05:46 PM
from AOPA, I think. The 2 people I have used were both weird. The
new one takes only cash. His secretary does most of the work, and the
hearing test is a quartz clock that he gradually moves toward your
head while bus traffic rumbles by outside the window. You're supposed
to nod your head in time with the clicks.

Ron Natalie
October 4th 04, 09:58 PM
"Dave S" > wrote in message nk.net...
> If someone can make it to the doctors office, they can take the
> physical... unless you know an AME who makes house calls.

AME's are not allowed to make house calls (at least not for the purposes
of the flight physicals). They must do them at their designated office.

Tobias Schnell
October 4th 04, 10:13 PM
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:58:31 -0400, "Ron Natalie" >
wrote:

>AME's are not allowed to make house calls (at least not for the purposes
>of the flight physicals). They must do them at their designated office.

Are you sure about that? At the FBO where I used to rent the AME came
regularly to conduct physicals in the groundschool classroom.

Regards
Tobias Schnell

G.R. Patterson III
October 5th 04, 02:06 AM
Tobias Schnell wrote:

> Are you sure about that? At the FBO where I used to rent the AME came
> regularly to conduct physicals in the groundschool classroom.

There are a couple who do that around here. One of them gives exams at Old Bridge
airport (3N6).

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.

Robert M. Gary
October 5th 04, 07:28 PM
Tobias Schnell > wrote in message >...
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:58:31 -0400, "Ron Natalie" >
> wrote:
>
> >AME's are not allowed to make house calls (at least not for the purposes
> >of the flight physicals). They must do them at their designated office.
>
> Are you sure about that? At the FBO where I used to rent the AME came
> regularly to conduct physicals in the groundschool classroom.

Seems kinda odd. Did he also do OB-GYN in a storage locker :)
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0930041drdallas1.html

-Robert

Ron Natalie
October 6th 04, 04:00 PM
Robert M. Gary wrote:

>>Are you sure about that? At the FBO where I used to rent the AME came
>>regularly to conduct physicals in the groundschool classroom.
>

> Seems kinda odd. Did he also do OB-GYN in a storage locker :)
> http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0930041drdallas1.html

Order 8520-2E.

Google