Regis#: 70466 Make/Model: AEST Description: PA-60 AEROSTAR
Date: 10/04/2004 Time: 0006

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Minor Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Substantial

LOCATION
City: AUSTIN State: TX Country: US

DESCRIPTION
ACFT LANDED HARD AND PASSENGER FELL OUT, ACFT THEN HIT POWER LINE AND
TREES. SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE AND MINOR INJURIES ARE REPORTED. AUSTIN, TX
*******************

Could he have tried to jump when he saw the trees coming?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

john smith
October 12th 04, 12:37 AM
Kinda hard to figure. The door on the Aerostar is by the pilot's seat.
The left prop is less than an arms length from the side of the fuselage.
Exiting over the pilot and through the prop arc is quite a feat!

Jay Honeck wrote:
> Can this be true? How do you FALL OUT of an Aerostar during a "hard landing"???
> *******************
>
> IDENTIFICATION
> Regis#: 70466 Make/Model: AEST Description: PA-60 AEROSTAR
> Date: 10/04/2004 Time: 0006
>
> Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Minor Mid Air: N Missing: N
> Damage: Substantial
>
> LOCATION
> City: AUSTIN State: TX Country: US
>
> DESCRIPTION
> ACFT LANDED HARD AND PASSENGER FELL OUT, ACFT THEN HIT POWER LINE AND
> TREES. SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE AND MINOR INJURIES ARE REPORTED. AUSTIN, TX
> *******************
>
> Could he have tried to jump when he saw the trees coming?
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Teacherjh
October 12th 04, 02:45 AM
>> The door on the Aerostar is by the pilot's seat.

Maybe the acft hit the power line because the passenger was crawling over the
pilot during the rollout? Maybe somebody =really= needed to land!

Jose

Teacherjh
October 12th 04, 02:45 AM
>> The door on the Aerostar is by the pilot's seat.

Maybe the acft hit the power line because the passenger was crawling over the
pilot during the rollout? Maybe somebody =really= needed to land!

Jose

Bob Moore
October 12th 04, 01:25 PM
(Jay Honeck) wrote

> Can this be true? How do you FALL OUT of an Aerostar during a "hard
> landing"??? *******************

An obvious mistake in the transcription, THIS Aerostar happens to
be a hot air ballon.

Bob Moore

Bob Moore
October 12th 04, 01:25 PM
(Jay Honeck) wrote

> Can this be true? How do you FALL OUT of an Aerostar during a "hard
> landing"??? *******************

An obvious mistake in the transcription, THIS Aerostar happens to
be a hot air ballon.

Bob Moore

Jay Honeck
October 12th 04, 02:44 PM
>> Can this be true? How do you FALL OUT of an Aerostar during a "hard
>> landing"??? *******************
>
> An obvious mistake in the transcription, THIS Aerostar happens to
> be a hot air ballon.

Now THAT makes sense.

Thanks, Bob!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay Honeck
October 12th 04, 02:44 PM
>> Can this be true? How do you FALL OUT of an Aerostar during a "hard
>
> An obvious mistake in the transcription, THIS Aerostar happens to
> be a hot air ballon.

Now THAT makes sense.

Thanks, Bob!
--