PDA

View Full Version : Headset Advice

mhquay
October 19th 04, 01:22 AM
What is the lightest headset available (without taking out a loan)? My
wife complains that the Aero club headsets are too heavy.
Any suggestions?

Phil

--
mhquay
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

john smith
October 19th 04, 05:19 AM
Too general a question.
Specific answer: Plantronics Starset

mhquay wrote:
> What is the lightest headset available (without taking out a loan)? My
> wife complains that the Aero club headsets are too heavy.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Phil
>

> --
> mhquay
> - A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Tien Dao
October 19th 04, 06:17 AM
I have the Pilot Avionics Liberty Series DNC II PA 17-71 which weights in
slightly under 10 ounces. It is very good and is definitely the best bang
for the buck in ANR headsets at about $280 usd. It uses a 9 v battery pack
on the cord which reduces weight on the head and my young kids have no
complaints. I have been using Pilot USA products for 4 years without
trouble, and their aftersales service is excellent during the one time I did
have a false alarm with the microphone. I now use the Bose X which weighs
in at a a heavier 12 ounces but is more comfortable and has better total
noise reduction at $950 usd. but I am not sure it will outlast my Pilot
headsets.

Tien

"mhquay" > wrote in message

> What is the lightest headset available (without taking out a loan)? My
> wife complains that the Aero club headsets are too heavy.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Phil
>

> --
> mhquay
> - A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they
fly -

G.R. Patterson III
October 19th 04, 04:13 PM
mhquay wrote:

> What is the lightest headset available (without taking out a loan)? My
> wife complains that the Aero club headsets are too heavy.
> Any suggestions?

Try Peltor.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.

MichaelR
October 19th 04, 06:07 PM
Sigtronics are pretty light.

"mhquay" > wrote in message

> What is the lightest headset available (without taking out a loan)? My
> wife complains that the Aero club headsets are too heavy.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Phil
>

> --
> mhquay
> - A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they
> fly -

WIACapt
October 24th 04, 04:35 PM

>What is the lightest headset available (without taking out a loan)? My
>wife complains that the Aero club headsets are too heavy.
>Any suggestions?
>
>Phil

I have a peltor for pax use, it's light and doesn't clamp real hard (for a
cover the ears type).

Thomas Borchert
November 4th 04, 09:21 AM
Mhquay,