PDA

View Full Version : New checklist item

Paul Tomblin
October 26th 04, 03:28 PM
Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
nice people at the FBO had wished me a good flight and nobody mentioned
the gas, so I guess it wasn't all my fault. Still, I guess I should put
that somewhere between "flight plan: filed" and "Prop area: CLEAR" on my
checklist.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"God be between you and harm, in all the empty places that you must walk"

G Farris
October 26th 04, 03:58 PM
In article >,
says...

>Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
>KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
>nice people at the FBO had wished me a good flight and nobody mentioned
>the gas, so I guess it wasn't all my fault. Still, I guess I should put
>that somewhere between "flight plan: filed" and "Prop area: CLEAR" on my
>checklist.

Flight Plan : FILED
Prop Area : CLEAR
Fuel Slip : SHHhhh . . .

G Faris

PS - Some nice scenery on your trip?

Peter R.
October 26th 04, 04:01 PM
Paul Tomblin ) wrote:

> Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
> KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
> nice people at the FBO had wished me a good flight and nobody mentioned
> the gas, so I guess it wasn't all my fault. Still, I guess I should put
> that somewhere between "flight plan: filed" and "Prop area: CLEAR" on my
> checklist.

Did you call them to offer payment over the phone?

--
Peter

C J Campbell
October 26th 04, 04:07 PM
"Paul Tomblin" > wrote in message
> Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
> KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
> nice people at the FBO had wished me a good flight and nobody mentioned
> the gas, so I guess it wasn't all my fault. Still, I guess I should put
> that somewhere between "flight plan: filed" and "Prop area: CLEAR" on my
> checklist.

Heh, heh. Easy to do, isn't it? Fortunately, most places keep a log of tail
numbers so that forgetful pilots can eventually be billed. Of course, that
can be kind of annoying if you just sold the plane.

Ron Natalie
October 26th 04, 04:23 PM
C J Campbell wrote:

> Heh, heh. Easy to do, isn't it? Fortunately, most places keep a log of tail
> numbers so that forgetful pilots can eventually be billed. Of course, that
> can be kind of annoying if you just sold the plane.

That will teach you not to file the paperwork with the FAA in a timely fashion.

Paul Tomblin
October 26th 04, 08:38 PM
In a previous article, Nomen Nescio ]> said:
>From: (Paul Tomblin)
>>Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
>>KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
> I told you there was a little more "easy going" attitude at Barnes. <g>
>Seriously, though, I do hope you'll give them a call and get things squared up.

Of course. I realized I'd forgotten to pay while I was driving into work,
and so while walking across the parking lot I gave them a call and gave
them my card number.

> For future reference....How would you rate the convenience of getting a
>rental car?

Great. I called them a few days before, and it was waiting for me when I
got there. Only one weird thing - most places are anal about making sure
you fill it up afterwards, but they gave me the car with half a tank of
gas, so I brought it back with a little less than 3/4s of a tank.

The only place were rental cars were more convenient was at Toronto
Buttonville where they drove it onto the ramp while I was tying down so I
could load my luggage in, and then they drove it around the front while I
did the paperwork.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
There are mushrooms that can survive weeks, months without air or food.

john smith
October 27th 04, 03:52 AM
GASP!!! You gave out your credit card number over an open frequency?

Paul Tomblin wrote:
> Of course. I realized I'd forgotten to pay while I was driving into work,
> and so while walking across the parking lot I gave them a call and gave
> them my card number.

Google