PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC GPS

R.T.
November 6th 04, 11:08 PM
Hello all,
I have a Compaq Ipaq with a GPS Unit and I'm look for some advice on mapping
software to use with it for aviation use. I already have a GPS Map 196 and
am looking to use the Ipaq as a back up or possibly more of a planning tool.
I'd like to here from those that are using a Pocket PC and to what extent.
Regards Rob T.
'67 C-182 Skylane
C-FCHK
CYFD

John T
November 7th 04, 02:30 AM
R.T. wrote:

> I have a Compaq Ipaq with a GPS Unit and I'm look for some advice on
> mapping software to use with it for aviation use. I already have a
> GPS Map 196 and am looking to use the Ipaq as a back up or possibly
> more of a planning tool. I'd like to here from those that are using a
> Pocket PC and to what extent.

I use the AnywhereMap software as a portable GPS and find it quite good for
my purposes. I also use Airport Insight from Notam Development Group for an
A/FD.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer