PDA

View Full Version : new link of the week

brenda
November 8th 04, 04:50 PM
http://www.newbid.net/index.asp

wc
November 9th 04, 05:41 AM
brenda wrote:

> http://www.newbid.net/index.asp

Brenda,

You need your ass kicked up over your shoulders, you spamming bitch.

Mike Rhodes
November 9th 04, 07:29 PM
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 05:41:32 GMT, wc > wrote:

>brenda wrote:
>
>> http://www.newbid.net/index.asp
>
>Brenda,
>
>You need your ass kicked up over your shoulders, you spamming bitch.

Temper! I would've ignored the header, until you replied. Then I
would've ignored the link, until I saw how you replied. But a casual
glance at the site, with a little exploration would indicate this one
header wasn't so deserving of the hatred spewed, which the rest of us
now have to read.

Maybe you can fill me in on all the bad stuff I missed? If so, then
you should've done so from the start. The bad stuff I would worry
about is if every other header became commercial. (Some regulars of
this NG seem to want to try...) But's its almost insane to expect to
'purify' the NG of all such references. I would guess that only a few
of you would think that a task worthy of extreme measures.

So now I'm ready to defend their right to post this spam and complain
at your method for condemning it; since it, in one occasional post,
generally provides more service to aviation then much of the personal
stuff posted herein.

I read aviation magazines as much for the ads (depending on my mood at
the moment) as for the articles -- as long as they don't repeat the ad
page after page, as has been done here. They surely increase my
interest. I don't think I'm the only one, but based on some replies I
expect this to flame things up a bit.

This is a public news group, not your private watering hole. But I
respect the charter of the group, and the fight for it. The
difficulty is that there are too many aviation companies to allow all
free advertising herein without complaining about it. But if the
discussion is able continues with little interruption then why the
venom?

(Sometimes I start writing and can't stop, and then I actually post
it.)

--Mike

wc
November 10th 04, 05:23 AM
Mike wrote:

(Sometimes I start writing and can't stop, and then I actually post
it.)

--Mike

Me too, Mike. I'm the nasty SOB that replied to Brenda's spam.

You see, I am an OLD airliner. I was flying the world in prop aircraft
when women were not in the cabins . . . in fact, I worked for the first
airline that had a woman trans pacific flight attendant (in those days
*stewardess*)
She was the wife of the president of the airline. She was not a neophyte
and, she was a veteran stewardess. Her name was Edith Nelson. That
notwithstanding, I hate to see SPAM, even spewed by a bitch named
Brenda. It does not belong in newsgroups, it belongs at the Federal
Trade Commision.

Will

TALOA

brenda
November 12th 04, 04:25 PM
Do you send nasty posts to Sparkles?

wc
November 13th 04, 04:03 AM
brenda wrote:
> Do you send nasty posts to Sparkles?

Brenda,

Truly, I don't know Sparkles. What is it? I recall "Sparkle Plenty"
in Dick Tracy, eons ago . . . when Airplanes had funny things that
spun them through the air, and passengers got service, and jobs
were fun, and airline employees were respected. Is that the Sparkle
you mean? No, I don't send nasty posts to Sparkels, or anyone else.
I just blast the **** out of spammers, named Brenda. Brenda, indeed.
Brenda, get some f****** coffee up front to the crew or get your
broad ass off this aircraft. That is the way I would address you
yesteryear, Brenda.

Will

Google