PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Kansas CIty/airports?

Mitty
November 13th 04, 11:02 PM
We just learned that a family friend has been diagnosed with cancer and we may
make a quick trip from Minneapolis to Kansas City. They are in Overland Park,
which is to the southwest. Looks like Wheeler Downtown is the only reasonable
choice. Any comments or other suggestions?

tia
Mitty

Nathan Young
November 13th 04, 11:28 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:02:50 GMT, Mitty > wrote:

>We just learned that a family friend has been diagnosed with cancer and we may
>make a quick trip from Minneapolis to Kansas City. They are in Overland Park,
>which is to the southwest. Looks like Wheeler Downtown is the only reasonable
>choice. Any comments or other suggestions?

OJC is closer to Overland Park, approx 6 miles to the West.

KCAC had great service when I was there a month ago.

-Nathan

Mike Adams
November 13th 04, 11:40 PM
Mitty > wrote:

> We just learned that a family friend has been diagnosed with cancer
> and we may make a quick trip from Minneapolis to Kansas City. They
> are in Overland Park, which is to the southwest. Looks like Wheeler
> Downtown is the only reasonable choice. Any comments or other
> suggestions?
>
> tia
> Mitty

You should consider OJC. We stopped there on the way to Oshkosh last year, and had a great
experience. It's towered, but below the Class B, and easy in and out. It's only a few miles south of
Overland Park. We stayed at the FBO on the west side of the runway.

All the best to your friend.

Mike

Google