PDA

View Full Version : Holiday aerobatics

Chris
September 7th 04, 02:31 PM
Ive just started some aerobatic training and have got the bug big
time. So much so in fact that I'd like to combine my holidays with
some more aerobatic training

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good aerobatic schools
in Europe - preferable somewhere with some nice weather....I live in
the UK so frankly the weather is better anywhere else than here :)

All my training so far has been in a Bulldog so I'd like to continue
training in something similar i,e not your basic 150 aerobat etc

many thanks

Big G
September 10th 04, 03:41 PM
(Chris) wrote in
m:

> Ive just started some aerobatic training and have got the bug big
> time. So much so in fact that I'd like to combine my holidays with
> some more aerobatic training
>
> I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good aerobatic schools
> in Europe - preferable somewhere with some nice weather....I live in
> the UK so frankly the weather is better anywhere else than here :)
>
> All my training so far has been in a Bulldog so I'd like to continue
> training in something similar i,e not your basic 150 aerobat etc
>
> many thanks

Chris,
Dont know where in the UK you live, but the Vale of York has many
good things, Amongst its many charms you will find a Micro Climate
condusive to flying, unrestricted airspace, fairly essential for
practising Aerobatics, and of course bulldogs (the flying variety), but
better, much better still, at Bagby there is also a homegrown Slingsby
T67M available for hire with free coaching from current British Aerobatic
Champion, Tom Cassels ! You may find better weather abroad, but I doubt
you'll find a better teacher, nor environment more condusive to learning
the discipline, since this aircraft enters mearly every competition in
the UK at Beginners, and Standard level, and has been the mount of choice
for many interediate and advanced winners before they moved on .
Need I say more? other than - contact Tom via his website details:
http://www.skyboard.co.uk

--
Smiling
‹(•¿•)›

Chris
September 13th 04, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

I live in London, but my plan was to take a week or 2 off work and
spend as much time flying as (financially) possible)

thanks again

Google