PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a nice C172

Richardt Human
February 12th 05, 07:29 PM
I am looking for a c172 to buy for the purpose of use in a flight
training school. In South Africa there are 14 for sale, but not 1 that
actually suites my budget of R400 000. Can any-one help.

tony roberts
February 12th 05, 08:06 PM
R400,000 is about USD66,000, which will certainly buy a fairly decent
older 172. However, when you add the costs of ferry pilot and aircraft
prep/mods for the ferry flight, any prep needed to make the aircraft
meet SA regs, and import duties and taxes you are probably much better
off buying one there.

Agoogle search of 172's for sale will give you a very good idea of what
to expect for your money - but ferrying a plane is not cheap.

HTH

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article >,
(Richardt Human) wrote:

> I am looking for a c172 to buy for the purpose of use in a flight
> training school. In South Africa there are 14 for sale, but not 1 that
> actually suites my budget of R400 000. Can any-one help.

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
VFR OTT