PDA

View Full Version : FLIGHTSOFT and VISTA by RMS Technology

Marv Hamm
August 9th 03, 09:28 PM
Any comments by users of the latest versions of FLIGHTSOFT and VISTA
from RMS Technology for use with a PC?

I would primarily be using it VFR in a 172. The ability to scan your own
maps for use with their software is an appealing feature.

It would be nice to be able to use the "Course up / Track up" feature with the
raster (scanned ) maps, but I understand that using the raster maps you are
limited to "North up" only with the VISTA software.

Do any of the other competitive software products allow use of
"Course up / Track up" for raster maps?

I have reviewed prior comments in the Google search of "Rec.Aviation" newsgroup
files, but they seem to be somewhat dated.

Thanks.......Marv Hamm

Dean Wilkinson
August 11th 03, 08:19 PM
AirPlan will allow you to use raster sectionals in course up or north up mode.
http://www.razorsedgesoft.com/airplan

"Marv Hamm" > wrote in message news:<UPcZa.105458$Ho3.13836@sccrnsc03>...
> Any comments by users of the latest versions of FLIGHTSOFT and VISTA
> from RMS Technology for use with a PC?
>
> I would primarily be using it VFR in a 172. The ability to scan your own
> maps for use with their software is an appealing feature.
>
> It would be nice to be able to use the "Course up / Track up" feature with the
> raster (scanned ) maps, but I understand that using the raster maps you are
> limited to "North up" only with the VISTA software.
>
> Do any of the other competitive software products allow use of
> "Course up / Track up" for raster maps?
>
> I have reviewed prior comments in the Google search of "Rec.Aviation" newsgroup
> files, but they seem to be somewhat dated.
>
> Thanks.......Marv Hamm

Google