PDA

View Full Version : Looking for software beta testers.

Greg Siemon
August 24th 03, 07:16 PM
I have developed a Global Aviation Navigation and flight planning system and
I am looking for volunteers to help me test it. I am particularly
interested in getting pilots in countries other than the United States, but
all are welcome.

To get a look at the system go to:

http://members.cox.net/avnav

Thanks for your indulgence.

Greg Siemon

Jim Weir
August 24th 03, 07:31 PM
As with most programmers (indeed anybody who "creates") we are so enamored of
the wonderful features we have built into our children, we fail to communicate
the basics of what the product DOES.

Forget the features, Greg, just tell us what the sucker does, will you please?

Jim

"Greg Siemon" >

->I have developed a Global Aviation Navigation and flight planning syste

http://www.rst-engr.com

Greg Siemon
August 24th 03, 10:52 PM
Jim,

Global Aviation Navigation and flight planning system

Is what the sucker does. The wonderful features are how it does it.

Follow the link and read the text and look at the screen shots (picture
worth 1000 words). If that doesn't enlighten you then you may not be a good
candidate for a beta test. Plan to have full doc soon and I will post here
when I do and maybe that will help you.

When you say we I am assuming you are a programmer. If so I would be very
interested in your opinion.

Best Regards

Greg

"Jim Weir" > wrote in message
> As with most programmers (indeed anybody who "creates") we are so enamored
of
> the wonderful features we have built into our children, we fail to
communicate
> the basics of what the product DOES.
>
> Forget the features, Greg, just tell us what the sucker does, will you
please?

> Jim
>

> "Greg Siemon" >
> shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:
>
> ->I have developed a Global Aviation Navigation and flight planning syste
>
> Jim Weir (A&P/IA, CFI, & other good alphabet soup)
> VP Eng RST Pres. Cyberchapter EAA Tech. Counselor
> http://www.rst-engr.com

MC
August 25th 03, 03:17 AM
Greg Siemon wrote:

> I have developed a Global Aviation Navigation and flight planning system and
> I am looking for volunteers to help me test it. I am particularly
> interested in getting pilots in countries other than the United States, but
> all are welcome.

Hmm., the DAFIF database has some inaccuracies in the Australian data.
eg. in the area I fly, they are still listing an NDB that has been
officially decommissioned for 10 months.,
They also don't have ALL of the IFR waypoints.
(the coverage for the high-sectors and international-airports seems ok)

Greg Siemon
August 26th 03, 10:17 PM
You might want to pass that along to them at:

Is there an available data base for you area that you would perfer?
If so let me know where I can get it and matbe I can include it.

Greg Siemon

MC
August 29th 03, 12:34 AM
Greg Siemon wrote:

> You might want to pass that along to them at:
>

> Is there an available data base for you area that you would perfer?
> If so let me know where I can get it and matbe I can include it.
>
> Greg Siemon

I did tell NIMA about those errors and they still haven't corrected them.
I have no idea where NIMA get their Australian data from.
As for getting digital data out of our Airservices Australia... good luck !
The best that you'll get is PDF versions of some of the printed
publications from their website. (and it's no fun trying to convert PDF
into a more database-friendly format)

Google