PDA

View Full Version : Flight Star or Destination Direct

Scubadooo
August 27th 03, 01:10 AM
Does anyone have an opinion on these two products?
I am debating between Flight Star and Destination Direct.
They are both desktop flight planning software that seem to have their
individual benefits.
Price is not the issue here, only user friendliness and graphics.

David
ORL/MCO

Byron Miller
August 27th 03, 03:51 AM
What are you looking to get out of flight planning besides friendliness and
graphics? You looking for IFR/VFR? Flight plan filling? Why not just use
one of the online systems either from the free (well government funded ones)
to the pay ones?

-byron

"Scubadooo" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have an opinion on these two products?
> I am debating between Flight Star and Destination Direct.
> They are both desktop flight planning software that seem to have their
> individual benefits.
> Price is not the issue here, only user friendliness and graphics.
>

> David
> ORL/MCO

Flynn
August 27th 03, 07:21 AM
I've been using FlightStar for the past year plus. Have tried Aeroplanner
which I make most use of when away from home. I find FlightStar terrific
for planning both VFR and IFR flights. Easy, lots of useful features, print
out the reports and go.

"Scubadooo" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have an opinion on these two products?
> I am debating between Flight Star and Destination Direct.
> They are both desktop flight planning software that seem to have their
> individual benefits.
> Price is not the issue here, only user friendliness and graphics.
>

> David
> ORL/MCO

Matthew P. Cummings
August 27th 03, 01:20 PM
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:10:03 +0000, Scubadooo wrote:

> Does anyone have an opinion on these two products?
> I am debating between Flight Star and Destination Direct.

Flightstar hands down. Best weather graphics out there in a supported
program.

JerryK
August 27th 03, 04:57 PM
I like FlightStar. I have a subscription so I get program and database
updates ever 30 days or so.

"Scubadooo" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have an opinion on these two products?
> I am debating between Flight Star and Destination Direct.
> They are both desktop flight planning software that seem to have their
> individual benefits.
> Price is not the issue here, only user friendliness and graphics.
>

> David
> ORL/MCO

Mike Rapoport
August 28th 03, 04:59 PM
I am happy with Flightstar and understand that it will be integrated with
Jeppview and Flightdeck next year.

Mike
MU-2

"Scubadooo" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have an opinion on these two products?
> I am debating between Flight Star and Destination Direct.
> They are both desktop flight planning software that seem to have their
> individual benefits.
> Price is not the issue here, only user friendliness and graphics.
>

> David
> ORL/MCO

Kai Glaesner
August 29th 03, 02:12 PM
> I am happy with Flightstar and understand that it will be integrated with
> Jeppview and Flightdeck next year.

What does that mean? Doc you have a source or a link for that?

Google