PDA

View Full Version : Re: Narco 120 replacement/TKM 11x of ICOM A200

Jerry Springer
January 23rd 04, 03:43 AM
Jay why don't you quit crossposting? When you cross post as you do, it just
dilutes each NG.

Jay Honeck wrote:

>>My Narco 120 is in need of replacement. The Narco 810R is a bit too
>>expensive for me
>

> Can you just slide the ICOM into the Narco tray? If not, you'll quickly
> rack up avionics shop labor charges that will erode any savings you may find
> on the hardware.
>
> We replaced our Narco 120 with Narco's slide-in replacement, the 810R. It
> gives you the digital flip-flop, and is a simple, 10-second replacement. No
> muss, no fuss -- just a logbook entry.
>
> I highly recommend the 810R -- it's been great for us.

gross_arrow
January 23rd 04, 10:07 PM
why are you singling out jay? he merely replied to a message that was
already crossposted, as did all the previous posters. if he is guilty of
not trimming the groups, then so is everyone else who responded before
he did.

re the o.p. -- i like both radios. i have a slight preference for the icom,
but in this case, the ease of replacement (just slide in vs. rewire and
mount a new tray), i would probably go with the tkm -- it's a fine radio
also.

g_a

Jerry Springer > wrote in message .net>...
> Jay why don't you quit crossposting? When you cross post as you do, it just
> dilutes each NG.
>
> Jay Honeck wrote:
>
> >>My Narco 120 is in need of replacement. The Narco 810R is a bit too
> >>expensive for me
> >

> > Can you just slide the ICOM into the Narco tray? If not, you'll quickly
> > rack up avionics shop labor charges that will erode any savings you may find
> > on the hardware.
> >
> > We replaced our Narco 120 with Narco's slide-in replacement, the 810R. It
> > gives you the digital flip-flop, and is a simple, 10-second replacement. No
> > muss, no fuss -- just a logbook entry.
> >
> > I highly recommend the 810R -- it's been great for us.

Google