PDA

View Full Version : Re: B-25D Yankee Warrior flys again

Vern
July 27th 03, 03:46 AM
Wow..can we have some more details? Perhaps a website? I had no idea that
a tall-tail "D" was even being restored!!

ES

Scott Vetter
July 27th 03, 09:11 PM
N329DF wrote:
>> I had no idea that
>>a tall-tail "D" was even being restored!!
>

> hmmm.........Did not know there was a difference in tails on B-25s, other than
> the tail skid and tail gunners postition, are you sure you are not confusing it
> with say, maybe a B-17D,
> Matt Gunsch,
> A&P,IA,Private Pilot
> Riding member of the
> Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team
> GWRRA,NRA,GOA

There's not as far as I know. The -D model -25 also had the top
turret aft of the wing where later models had the top turret in front of
the wing.

Glad to hear that ot's flying again!

GraveRobber
July 28th 03, 11:59 PM
Ok, major details.
Removed strafer nose and replaced with bomber nose.
Installed top turret.
Completely rewired aircraft.
Removed and reinstalled left wing to replace outboard aux tank.
New instrument panel installed.
Completely stripped and repainted interior.
Control surfaces rejuvenated or recovered,
and that's just the really major stuff.

The web site of the Yankee air museum is
www.Yankeeairmuseum.org

Though, you won't find any picts of the ongoing restoration.
I'll try to scan a few picts of the flight on Saturday and post them to
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

GraveRobber

---

Scott Vetter
July 30th 03, 03:35 PM
Vern wrote:
> HA HA HA!!!
>
> That'll teach me to read the newsgroups in the morning before having a
> coffee. In my back-asswards, dyslexic state I convinced myself that the
> original post read B-52D instead of B-25D...my aplogies. I think I'll go
> crawl under a rock now.
>
> Contratulations on getting another Mitchell back in the air where they
> belong!!

It happens... No worries...

Scott Vetter
July 30th 03, 03:37 PM
GraveRobber wrote:
> Ok, major details.
> Removed strafer nose and replaced with bomber nose.
> Installed top turret.
> Completely rewired aircraft.
> Removed and reinstalled left wing to replace outboard aux tank.
> New instrument panel installed.
> Completely stripped and repainted interior.
> Control surfaces rejuvenated or recovered,
> and that's just the really major stuff.
>
> The web site of the Yankee air museum is
> www.Yankeeairmuseum.org
>
> Though, you won't find any picts of the ongoing restoration.
> I'll try to scan a few picts of the flight on Saturday and post them to
> alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
>
> GraveRobber
>

> ---

So, it now has an airliner's type instrument panel?

Scott

RWD
August 7th 03, 11:40 PM
I'd love to see those pictures if you don't mind posting them.

Google