PDA

View Full Version : Jet In a Junkyard

Dr Bach
August 3rd 03, 03:01 PM
I recently drove home from Washington DC to Dayton Ohio. I decided to
take the senic route. I came west on 68 to 7 in West Virginia and near
the intersection of 7 and 250 ( town of black field maybe.. or Black
burn? ,, black something...)there is an early jet of some kind
(appears to be pretty much all there) up on a pole in front of a small
(and back woodsy)auto wrecking yard. I drove right past, with my
Digital camera in the seat behind me, without stopping to take
pictures and now I'm kicking myself! I'm not sure of the type I know
it was not a P-80 and I'm pretty sure it was not an F-86.. Had
straight exhaust out the back and a Air-intake like an F-86... I'll go
to the Airforce Museum on Monday to see if I can Identify the Plane ..
Has anyone else ever seen this?

Dr Bach

Aerophotos
August 4th 03, 01:01 PM
f-84 thuderjet?

--

Supplier of Australian Soap fragrances, tray molds, soapmaking lessons
and luxury handmade soap.

Dr Bach
August 4th 03, 03:55 PM
It's near the Intersection of 7 and 218 in the town of Blacksville on
the West Virginia / PA Border. and I think it is actually an F-86.

Dr Bach
August 5th 03, 03:48 AM
> f-84 thuderjet?

YES !! THAT IS IT !! Thank you !
(Since I'm in Dayton and live only 1 mile from The USAF Museum I was
trying to squeeze an hour or two out of my day to visit and look for
the Jet type i saw.. but pictures of the f-84 are IT !! )

Dr Bach
August 5th 03, 04:09 AM
This is it ! An f-84 I'd love to have the resources to do a
restoration on a piece like this! Like I said .. it looks Surprisingly
Intact! but of course, it would not be pratical to restore after
sitting out for anywhere from 10 - 30 years

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/fighter/f84tj.htm

Richard Lamb
August 5th 03, 10:01 PM
Dr Bach wrote:

> This is it ! An f-84 I'd love to have the resources to do a
> restoration on a piece like this! Like I said .. it looks Surprisingly
> Intact! but of course, it would not be pratical to restore after
> sitting out for anywhere from 10 - 30 years
>
> http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/fighter/f84tj.htm

You have to have a strong reason to do something like that, Dr.
Practical has nothing to do with it.
Resources even less.

It's personal.
Or it doesn't get done.

Richard

Richard Lamb
August 7th 03, 07:40 AM
Richard Lamb wrote:

> Dr Bach wrote:
> >
> > This is it ! An f-84 I'd love to have the resources to do a
> > restoration on a piece like this! Like I said .. it looks Surprisingly
> > Intact! but of course, it would not be pratical to restore after
> > sitting out for anywhere from 10 - 30 years
> >
> > http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/fighter/f84tj.htm
>
> You have to have a strong reason to do something like that, Dr.
> Practical has nothing to do with it.
> Resources even less.
>
> It's personal.
> Or it doesn't get done.