PDA

View Full Version : Electrical system for Champ 7DC?

Jimmy Cash
October 23rd 03, 02:11 AM
Hey everybody,
I'm new to the Champ culture, but I'm learning fast. I'm considering a
Champ 7AC, converted to 7DC with battery and starter.

I am an A&P, and I want to get an idea of what it would take to install a
full electrical system to power a radio and transponder.

I'm thinking about the gear driven B&C alternator, if the STC exists. I
understand the transponder issue, can't go back.

I guess my big question is how to do the paperwork. Is there an STC for the
electrical system? Do I just go get a field approval from the FSDO?

Thanks in advance.
Jimmy Cash

john price
October 27th 03, 03:51 AM
Jim...

2 suggestions... Get on the National Aeronca Association site
(http://www.aeroncapilots.com/disc/) and get hold of Charlie
Lasher's Aeronca books... His grandson David hangs out
on the NAA site... STCs already exist I believe for what
you want to do... Forget field approvals lately!!!

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

"Jimmy Cash" > wrote in message
> Hey everybody,
> I'm new to the Champ culture, but I'm learning fast. I'm considering a
> Champ 7AC, converted to 7DC with battery and starter.
>
> I am an A&P, and I want to get an idea of what it would take to install a
> full electrical system to power a radio and transponder.
>
> I'm thinking about the gear driven B&C alternator, if the STC exists. I
> understand the transponder issue, can't go back.
>
> I guess my big question is how to do the paperwork. Is there an STC for
the
> electrical system? Do I just go get a field approval from the FSDO?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Jimmy Cash

Google