PDA

View Full Version : Big Ol Prop

minot piper e
October 26th 03, 04:42 PM
I recently acquired a large wooden prop, 114 inches dia, 10 inch
blade width
paddle blade shape, 8bolt hole pattern.
Any guesses as to what it was, definitely
not a Jenny, maybe a liberty powered
DH4 ? let me hear your guess. .

http://community.webtv.net/minotpiper/HELTONLARKWOODY

Orval Fairbairn
October 30th 03, 03:43 AM
In article >,
(minot piper e) wrote:

> I recently acquired a large wooden prop, 114 inches dia, 10 inch
> blade width
> paddle blade shape, 8bolt hole pattern.
> Any guesses as to what it was, definitely
> not a Jenny, maybe a liberty powered
> DH4 ? let me hear your guess. .

Usually, those lod, wooden props have stampings on the hub designating
engine, horsepower, RPM, pitch, etc.

> http://community.webtv.net/minotpiper/HELTONLARKWOODY

gazobee
November 12th 03, 05:07 PM
Just spotted this on e-bay. Don't know if it is any help/use?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2203175237&category=419

Orval Fairbairn > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> (minot piper e) wrote:
>
> > I recently acquired a large wooden prop, 114 inches dia, 10 inch
> > blade width
> > paddle blade shape, 8bolt hole pattern.
> > Any guesses as to what it was, definitely
> > not a Jenny, maybe a liberty powered
> > DH4 ? let me hear your guess. .
> >

> Usually, those lod, wooden props have stampings on the hub designating
> engine, horsepower, RPM, pitch, etc.
>

> > http://community.webtv.net/minotpiper/HELTONLARKWOODY

Google