PDA

View Full Version : Military records

dougdrivr
October 28th 03, 03:56 AM
Does anyone know how difficult it is to request the records of a particular
military aircraft? I'm interested in the military history of a certain SNJ-4
and have heard that this is possible from the Smithsonian?

N329DF
October 29th 03, 04:34 AM
for a SNJ, I would start with the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola.
Matt Gunsch,
A&P,IA,Private Pilot
Riding member of the
2003 world champion drill team
Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team
GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Bela P. Havasreti
October 29th 03, 05:53 AM
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:56:29 -0600, "dougdrivr" >
wrote:

>Does anyone know how difficult it is to request the records of a particular
>military aircraft? I'm interested in the military history of a certain SNJ-4
>and have heard that this is possible from the Smithsonian?

Write either (or better yet, both) of these folks:

Emil Buehler Naval Aviation Library
Naval Aviation Museum Foundation
1750 Radford Blvd. - Suite B
N.A.S. Pensacola, Florida 32508

Department of the Navy
Naval Historical Center
Naval Aviation History Branch
Building 157-1
Washington Navy Yard
Washington D.C., 20374-5059

Bela P. Havasreti

Craig
October 29th 03, 07:29 AM
"dougdrivr" > wrote in message >...
> Does anyone know how difficult it is to request the records of a particular
> military aircraft? I'm interested in the military history of a certain SNJ-4
> and have heard that this is possible from the Smithsonian?

Actually the records come from Maxwell AFB.

john price
October 29th 03, 12:53 PM
Only for Army/Air Force Planes as far as I know....

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGI
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

"Craig" > wrote in message
om...
> "dougdrivr" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how difficult it is to request the records of a
particular
> > military aircraft? I'm interested in the military history of a certain
SNJ-4
> > and have heard that this is possible from the Smithsonian?
>
> Actually the records come from Maxwell AFB.

Google