PDA

View Full Version : Meigs

Nolaminar
November 8th 03, 02:45 PM
This could be in error, but was Meigs 100% "private"?
It is my understanding that it is/was a "private" airport and has never
taken Federal funding and thus the beloved Mayor and his crew were legal
(though not so smart or clever) in destrorying the airport?
Just asking.
GA

Ron Natalie
November 8th 03, 06:09 PM
"Nolaminar" > wrote in message ...
> This could be in error, but was Meigs 100% "private"?
> It is my understanding that it is/was a "private" airport and has never
> taken Federal funding and thus the beloved Mayor and his crew were legal
> (though not so smart or clever) in destrorying the airport?

Incorrect. The federal government in a insane act of wimpiness forgave the
grant assurances.

Tlewis95
November 14th 03, 01:39 AM
Yeah then that moron mayor Daley tore it up we should all write letters and
send e-mail to .
I have writen 3 letteres and sent 2 e-mails.

You should do the same to save "the prettiest airport on the planet".

Trace Lewis age 12

Google