PDA

View Full Version : Runout Heli

H.J.
November 12th 03, 02:55 PM
When a heli is "runout" but still in "great condition" with about 6-8000 hrs
TTAF and low priced, what exactly does that mean? Is it just an older ship
that passed some manufacturer's recommended 'expiration date'? Is it a
federal expiration date? Is it still flyable? Is it ok to use for parts or
have the parts expired somehow?

hj

Paul
November 13th 03, 01:25 PM
"
> When a heli is "runout" but still in "great condition" with about 6-8000
hrs
> TTAF and low priced, what exactly does that mean?

Virtually everything on a helicopter that costs a lot of money and goes
round and round is life limited.

Your runout helicopter would make a wonderful lawn ornament. <G>

Cheers:

Paul
NC2273H

Bob McKellar
November 13th 03, 02:06 PM
Paul wrote:

> "
> > When a heli is "runout" but still in "great condition" with about 6-8000
> hrs
> > TTAF and low priced, what exactly does that mean?
>
> Virtually everything on a helicopter that costs a lot of money and goes
> round and round is life limited.
>
> Your runout helicopter would make a wonderful lawn ornament. <G>
>
> Cheers:
>
> Paul
> NC2273H

You make that sound like a bad thing!

http://www.coastcomp.com/av/pres/helo.htm

Bob McKellar

Wright1902Glider
November 14th 03, 02:21 PM
On a trip back home to Louisiana a few years ago, my dad (A&P for a BIG
helicopter company down there) took me out to see the new maint. facility. Out
front was a new Bell 407 on a pole. When I asked why there was such a new and
expensive machine mounted on a pole in the middle of the lawn, Pop remarked
"Oh, that one went for a swim."

Harry

Google