PDA

View Full Version : AME apprentice jobs

Steve
November 19th 03, 10:48 PM
Hello,
I'll be finishing my first year at Canadore College this spring and I'm
wondering if there are any jobs open for this summer in London, Windsor,
Sarnia or Chatham (or anywhere in between). So far I have a 4.0/4.0 GPA and
a complete tool kit. I also have a PPL, getting close to my CPL.

Thanks
Steve Wragg

Dan Thomas
November 20th 03, 05:22 PM
"Steve" > wrote in message >...
> Hello,
> I'll be finishing my first year at Canadore College this spring and I'm
> wondering if there are any jobs open for this summer in London, Windsor,
> Sarnia or Chatham (or anywhere in between). So far I have a 4.0/4.0 GPA and
> a complete tool kit. I also have a PPL, getting close to my CPL.
>
> Thanks
> Steve Wragg

AME jobs near major centres are going to be hard to find,
especially now while things are slow. Most guys will have to go to the
remote places to find a job. But that's not all bad, especially for
the single guy who likes to hunt or fish. And your chances of finding
flying work will be much better.
Dan

EDR
November 20th 03, 07:55 PM
AME must have a different meaning in Canada.
In the USA it means Aviation Medical Examiner.

Steve
November 20th 03, 09:21 PM
AME is short for Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. We're called engineers
because we can re-design and alter aircraft after a Supplemental Type
Certificate has been issued.
"EDR" > wrote in message

> AME must have a different meaning in Canada.
> In the USA it means Aviation Medical Examiner.

Dan Thomas
November 21st 03, 12:52 AM
EDR > wrote in message >...
> AME must have a different meaning in Canada.
> In the USA it means Aviation Medical Examiner.

Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. Approximate equivalent of A&P-IA.

Dan

Larry
November 21st 03, 01:07 AM
> In the USA it means Aviation Medical Examiner.
And in the United States Navy, AME is an Enlisted Rate that means Aviation
Structural Mechanic (Safety Equipment).
More info:
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/navyjobs/navyjobs2/blame.htm
A full color flyer here: www.cnrc.navy.mil/AME.pdf

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
Disabled Combat Veteran
USN Retired

20 years of Navy in my rear view mirror
and getting further away every day ;-)

Aviation Structural Mechanic E
"EDR" > wrote in message

> AME must have a different meaning in Canada.
> In the USA it means Aviation Medical Examiner.

Google