PDA

View Full Version : Wax for fabric

Jim Martin
November 22nd 03, 03:15 AM
Hi folks,
Can anyone suggest a good wax to use on a fabric
airplane?? ( coatings are Randolph dope )
I'm about to turn my old Chief loose into another
Northern Ontario winter and I'd like to give it a little
protection.
I'm more interested in ease of application than in shine.
Thanks................................Jim

Orval Fairbairn
November 23rd 03, 05:50 AM
In article >,
"Jim Martin" > wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Can anyone suggest a good wax to use on a fabric
> airplane?? ( coatings are Randolph dope )
> I'm about to turn my old Chief loose into another
> Northern Ontario winter and I'd like to give it a little
> protection.
> I'm more interested in ease of application than in shine.

I use Turtle Wax pure Carnauba wax on my Johnson Rocket. Just avoid any
waxes with silicones, as they will mess up your ability to do touchups.

Google