PDA

View Full Version : Returning stored aircraft to register

george mcleod
December 6th 03, 09:13 AM
Is anyone able to offer any advice on the requirements for having an
aircraft which was in storage for some years and has no available paperwork
returned to the register.
with thanks
George

Gene Hetsel
December 6th 03, 01:57 PM
Need more details to help. What type of aircraft, when last registered,
where, etc.

Gene Hetsel A&P, IA

george mcleod wrote:
> Is anyone able to offer any advice on the requirements for having an
> aircraft which was in storage for some years and has no available paperwork
> returned to the register.
> with thanks
> George

Stealth Pilot
December 6th 03, 02:07 PM
On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:13:13 +1100, "george mcleod"
> wrote:

>Is anyone able to offer any advice on the requirements for having an
>aircraft which was in storage for some years and has no available paperwork
>returned to the register.
>with thanks
>George

George
the situation will be slightly different for every country. I dont
know where you are but I'm writing from Australia.

this should not be much of a problem. Our licenced aircraft
maintenance engineers ( LAME's) can recreate the paperwork for an
aircraft that has the documentation lost or destroyed.
Basically the engineer will perform an annual inspection, attend to
any maintenance issues he detects and then create new logbooks, give
you a new maintenance release and off you go.

all you need to do is go and scout yourself out an A&P, LAME or
whatever they are called in your locale, explain the situation and set
him in action.
you shouldnt have too many problems with the paperwork. ...provided
it/you are all legit.
there might be a few costs so it pays to shop around until you are
happy with what the guy offers.

Stealth Pilot
Australia

....well just noticed the .au on your email address.

Google