PDA

View Full Version : Sport Aviation, Chapter 92, Orange County, CA

Nolaminar
December 7th 03, 01:30 AM
Latest Sport Aviation article on Pg 91 discusses the restoration of a 1903
Wright Flyer replica.
The article tells of "applied the coating/UV barrier......"
Previous reference would indicate it is Poly Fiber.
Any idea as to the clear UV barrier?
What is this product?
Thanks
Bob Gaines
Marietta, GA

Stealth Pilot
December 7th 03, 11:12 AM
On 07 Dec 2003 00:30:55 GMT, (Nolaminar) wrote:

>Latest Sport Aviation article on Pg 91 discusses the restoration of a 1903
>Wright Flyer replica.
> The article tells of "applied the coating/UV barrier......"
> Previous reference would indicate it is Poly Fiber.
> Any idea as to the clear UV barrier?
> What is this product?
> Thanks
> Bob Gaines
> Marietta, GA

the polyfibre range has two products that this might be.
uv-550 urethane varnish
ev-400 epoxy varnish

there is no indication in the docs I referred to regarding Ultra
Violet radiation proofing but just rewriting your quote...

applied the coating/urethane varnish barrier
applied the coating/ultra violet barrier

I dont know which would be the appropriate substitution.

ring them up and ask them.
Stealth Pilot
Australai

Google