PDA

View Full Version : Casein Glue...how to make

Nolaminar
January 11th 04, 11:45 PM
I know it's powdered milk and amonia and such to make Casein glue.
Can anyone please give me the procedure?
Thanks
Bob Gaines
USA

Bill A.
January 12th 04, 12:21 AM
I think this might be what your looking for.

http://www.tki.org.nz/r/science/scienceschool/resources/1999/milk_glue.htm

"Nolaminar" > wrote in message
> I know it's powdered milk and amonia and such to make Casein glue.
> Can anyone please give me the procedure?
> Thanks
> Bob Gaines
> USA

Orval Fairbairn
January 13th 04, 06:09 PM
In article >,
(Nolaminar) wrote:

> I know it's powdered milk and amonia and such to make Casein glue.
> Can anyone please give me the procedure?
> Thanks
> Bob Gaines
> USA

Why wouls someone WANT to make casein glue? It is inferior to other
glues and is susceptible to fungal and water attack. Give me epoxies,
resorcinol or urea formaledhide any day!

All casein is good for is antique furniture restoration, where you want
the whole thing to be "original." I don't want a wooden airplane to be
that "original" if it is going to fly.

Nolaminar
January 13th 04, 11:58 PM
Recently, I restored a 1939 British glider.
It was casein.
There was not one glue failure in the entire project.
Not one.
It had been maintained in a proper manner. Varnish and such.
I have found that if the Casein is bad , the wood is bad too. If it has had
such poor care, the entire project should be in a museum and not flown.
Regards,
Bob Gaines
Marietta, GA

Google