PDA

View Full Version : Need PAN and Rear ACCESSORY CASE Gaskets For 0-435 Lycoming Engine

Spar
March 27th 04, 10:58 PM
Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has these
gaskets for sale. Or knows of a source where I can call to
purchase these gaskets.
Even getting their Email address or web site.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Spar

N329DF
March 27th 04, 11:45 PM
if you can't buy them, make them. not hard to do.

Cy Galley
March 28th 04, 05:08 AM
Have you tried El Reno?
"Spar" > wrote in message
> Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has these
> gaskets for sale. Or knows of a source where I can call to
> purchase these gaskets.
> Even getting their Email address or web site.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Spar

Craig
March 28th 04, 08:46 AM
"Spar" > wrote in message >...
> Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has these
> gaskets for sale. Or knows of a source where I can call to
> purchase these gaskets.

El Reno Aviaion, El Reno, Oklahoma. Try TAP for their phone number.

Craig C.

Orval Fairbairn
March 28th 04, 10:10 PM
In article >,
(Craig) wrote:

> "Spar" > wrote in message
> > Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has these
> > gaskets for sale. Or knows of a source where I can call to
> > purchase these gaskets.
>

> El Reno Aviaion, El Reno, Oklahoma. Try TAP for their phone number.
>
> Craig C.

What model O-435 do you have? I have three -- two -C (-1s) and an A
(disassembled).

I second the El Reno Aviation recommendation. They have just about all
the (WW-II) unused, surplus parts for them. It takes the same tappets &
lifters as O-360, O-540 and shares other top end with O-290. O-290-D2
pistons will give you another 15 hp (to 205 hp) with no problem, as they
are only 7.5:1 compression ratio. The nice thing is, it runs nicely on
mogas either way, Be sure to set the timing at 20 deg BTC. The old
manuals show 15 deg, but that is obsolete.

It is a very reliable, easy-starting engine, but it likes its gas! If
you go to the later, 3-ring pistons, oil consumption reduces greatly.

Spar
March 30th 04, 07:31 PM
> Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has these
> gaskets for sale. Or knows of a source where I can call to
> purchase these gaskets. Phone Number, Email Address and
web site.
> Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Spar

Orval Fairbairn
March 30th 04, 10:09 PM
In article >,
"Spar" > wrote:

> > Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has these
> > gaskets for sale. Or knows of a source where I can call to
> > purchase these gaskets. Phone Number, Email Address and
> web site.
> > Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Spar

El Reno Aviation has plenty of overhaul kits for the O-435. They stock
most of the parts for O-435s.
Their address/phone:

1004 Country Club Drive
PO Box 760