PDA

View Full Version : How to repair my P-38 ?

Tom-Alex Soorhull
May 15th 04, 03:39 AM
It was shot by an enemy Zero last week, but I was able to land it.It's
badly damaged.

How can I repair it?

Larry
May 15th 04, 03:53 AM
"Tom-Alex Soorhull" > wrote in message
om...
> It was shot by an enemy Zero last week, but I was able to land it.It's
> badly damaged.
>
> How can I repair it?
Call Pri-Fly and I meet you on L-1 with some 500 mile-an-hour tape. I'll
call for a Plane Captain to turn it around for the next go.

Oh ya, there was a QAR around here someplace- have him take a quick look to
ensure its "safe for flight".

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
USN 'Retired'
previous Hawkeye, Intruder, Prowler 'Flight Deck Troubleshooter'

Stu Gotts
May 15th 04, 05:01 AM
Reboot!

On 14 May 2004 19:39:06 -0700, (Tom-Alex
Soorhull) wrote:

>It was shot by an enemy Zero last week, but I was able to land it.It's
>badly damaged.
>
>How can I repair it?

Bill Burgoyne
May 16th 04, 02:34 PM
My dad built a 25 ft X 55 ft building out P38 packing cases , they gifted to
him by the Air ministry during WW2 here in the UK. Sections of the packing
case building are waiting to be burnt out the back today.
No odd spares left inside though.
Dad was repairing gliders single handed ( yes he only had one hand ) for the
Air Training Corp keeping eight gliding schools flying.
Go to :-
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~billburgoyne/dons%20page.htm to
learn more about him.

Bill Burgoyne

Website :- http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~billburgoyne/
All outgoing mail checked by Norton 2004 anti-virus

"Tom-Alex Soorhull" > wrote in message
om...
> It was shot by an enemy Zero last week, but I was able to land it.It's
> badly damaged.
>
> How can I repair it?

Corrie
May 26th 04, 02:49 PM
(Tom-Alex Soorhull) wrote in message >...
> It was shot by an enemy Zero last week, but I was able to land it.It's
> badly damaged.
>
> How can I repair it?

Scrap it. Rosie's building more.

Google