PDA

View Full Version : Beech 18 Tailwheel tire tube

georg
June 1st 04, 06:28 AM
Wanted--tube for the tail wheel tire for a Beech 18 Aircraft. Contact Ed at
e-mail

Orval Fairbairn
June 2nd 04, 02:50 AM
In article <OtUuc.599580$Pk3.150253@pd7tw1no>,
"georg" > wrote:

> Wanted--tube for the tail wheel tire for a Beech 18 Aircraft. Contact Ed at
> e-mail

What size is it? Desser Tire & Rubber, in Los Angeles stocks all kinds
of tires. I can even get 5.00X4 tires there.

Paul Anton
June 2nd 04, 03:51 AM
Strange you should mention 5:00X4 from Desser. I just finished mounting a
new 5:00 X 4 tire AND new tube from Desser for the nosewheel of an Ercoupe.
I think they're the sole supplier of that size nowadays.

Cheers:

paul
NC2273H

..> > Wanted--tube for the tail wheel tire for a Beech 18 Aircraft. Contact
Ed at
> > e-mail
> >

> What size is it? Desser Tire & Rubber, in Los Angeles stocks all kinds
> of tires. I can even get 5.00X4 tires there.

Bela P. Havasreti
June 2nd 04, 07:34 AM
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:51:44 -0700, "Paul Anton" >
wrote:

Tbe 500x4 tire will fit the 12.50 SC (Smooth Contour) tailwheels that
were/are on a number of vintage aircraft of the time period T-6,
etc.). Airworthy (good condition / nylon) 12.50 SC tires are getting
very hard to find, so short of going the P-51/T-6G tire/wheel route
(even more expensive), the 500x4 is a viable alternative.

I didn't know Desser was the only supplier, but that may explain the
price of the 500x4 tires!

Bela P. Havasreti

>Strange you should mention 5:00X4 from Desser. I just finished mounting a
>new 5:00 X 4 tire AND new tube from Desser for the nosewheel of an Ercoupe.
>I think they're the sole supplier of that size nowadays.
>
>Cheers:
>
>paul
>NC2273H
>

>.> > Wanted--tube for the tail wheel tire for a Beech 18 Aircraft. Contact
>Ed at
>> > e-mail
>> >

>> What size is it? Desser Tire & Rubber, in Los Angeles stocks all kinds
>> of tires. I can even get 5.00X4 tires there.

Rip
June 2nd 04, 01:00 PM
Desser also carries the 7.00x8 size for Navions. They're not cheap either!

Bela P. Havasreti wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:51:44 -0700, "Paul Anton" >
> wrote:
>
> Tbe 500x4 tire will fit the 12.50 SC (Smooth Contour) tailwheels that
> were/are on a number of vintage aircraft of the time period T-6,
> etc.). Airworthy (good condition / nylon) 12.50 SC tires are getting
> very hard to find, so short of going the P-51/T-6G tire/wheel route
> (even more expensive), the 500x4 is a viable alternative.
>
> I didn't know Desser was the only supplier, but that may explain the
> price of the 500x4 tires!
>
> Bela P. Havasreti
>

>>Strange you should mention 5:00X4 from Desser. I just finished mounting a
>>new 5:00 X 4 tire AND new tube from Desser for the nosewheel of an Ercoupe.
>>I think they're the sole supplier of that size nowadays.
>>
>>Cheers:
>>
>>paul
>>NC2273H
>>

>>.> > Wanted--tube for the tail wheel tire for a Beech 18 Aircraft. Contact
>>Ed at

>>>What size is it? Desser Tire & Rubber, in Los Angeles stocks all kinds
>>>of tires. I can even get 5.00X4 tires there.

Google