PDA

View Full Version : A-26 Invader

Mark Gaskell
June 21st 04, 04:55 PM
Looking for any information on the removal of the wings on a A-26 Invader,
or the method of attachment etc.

Regards

Mark

Vern
June 22nd 04, 07:26 AM
Suggest you try these folks. They are currenlty operating 18 of them for
forrest fire suppression.

http://www.airspray.com/

"Mark Gaskell" > wrote in
:

> Looking for any information on the removal of the wings on a A-26
> Invader, or the method of attachment etc.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Mark T. Evert
June 24th 04, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure in the company On-Mark Engineering still exists, but they
modified a number of A26's for commercial use and for use in Vietnam in the
50's and 60's. Part of both modifications involved changes to the wing
spar and attach points. Another source might be getting in touch with
Tommy Garcia at the Collings Foundation. Tommy oversees restoration work
being done on the foundations A26 and has a good background in that area.

"Mark Gaskell" > wrote in message
> Looking for any information on the removal of the wings on a A-26 Invader,
> or the method of attachment etc.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Google