PDA

View Full Version : Ric Stit

Badwater Bill
August 14th 03, 08:11 PM
Who can tell me Ric's telephone number and his company name...and
website? I need to look at that Solar turbine conversion of his
again.

BWB

Jim
August 15th 03, 01:53 AM
http://www.stittind.com/

"Badwater Bill" > wrote in message

> Who can tell me Ric's telephone number and his company name...and
> website? I need to look at that Solar turbine conversion of his
> again.
>
> BWB

Jim
August 18th 03, 09:11 PM
Somebody has used a rotory engine however I don't think it was a Mazda. I
don't know for sure but I think Rick Stitt that used to offer the
conversion.

Ya know I hate to say it but my Mini-500 was flying perfectly in its 100%
stock updated version. Engine never missed a beat, always running in the
green, never ever failed to start on the first attempt and flew very
smoothly (remaining at or below 65 MPHI because I'm a pussy) . It always had
excess power even over tall grass at temps up to 90 degrees.Qualifier is it
only has 67 hours TTSN. One other complaint. Translating pirouettes were
difficult CCW into the wind or CW down wind (or visa versa I forget) .

Jim

"PW" > wrote in message

> "Dennis Chitwood" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Just so ya' know... Rick Stitt's turbine conversion has not worked,
> > yet. As far as I know, I have the only installed conversion to date,
> > and it has some serious flaws. The rotors just don't see any
> > horsepower. The drive system leaks profusely when the seals blow, and
> > they blow about every five minutes of use. The clutch disintegrated
> > after about thirty attempted engagements. The helicopter has only
> > hovered once, but at excessive redline temperatures.
> > I realize that Rick uses his website to make it appear that all is
> > well, but it is not.
> > If Rick Stitt ever does fix his products, I'll let you know. I
> > haven't heard from him in quite a while, but I understand he is in the
> > process of moving.
> > Dennis Chitwood
> > N500XT
> >

> > (Badwater Bill) wrote in message
> > > Who can tell me Ric's telephone number and his company name...and
> > > website? I need to look at that Solar turbine conversion of his
> > > again.
> > >
> > > BWB
>
> Why hasn't someone put a single rotor Mazda engine in one of these yet?
> 80-100 hp easy.

Murphy's law
August 19th 03, 01:11 AM
(Dennis Chitwood) wrote in message >...
> Just so ya' know... Rick Stitt's turbine conversion has not worked,
> yet. As far as I know, I have the only installed conversion to date,
> and it has some serious flaws. The rotors just don't see any
> horsepower. The drive system leaks profusely when the seals blow, and
> they blow about every five minutes of use. The clutch disintegrated
> after about thirty attempted engagements. The helicopter has only
> hovered once, but at excessive redline temperatures.
> I realize that Rick uses his website to make it appear that all is
> well, but it is not.
> If Rick Stitt ever does fix his products, I'll let you know. I
> haven't heard from him in quite a while, but I understand he is in the
> process of moving.
> Dennis Chitwood
> N500XT

Deja Vu M500 all over again & again.
American version : the **** hit the fan.
Original version : the "fan" itself is a piece of BS.

Dennis Chitwood
August 19th 03, 03:37 AM

> Mr. Chitwood, just remember what I told you to post on your wall about
> Stitt and about an APU conversion, and someday soon it was coming true.

Yeah, I knew it then, too, but I just kept gettin' sucked in. I
haven't given up, though... just on him. I have already independently
solved some of his conversion kit's problems. I've also reengineered
some other parts and am a week or so away from testing. I have the
turbine producing power, now, too. By the way, Mr. Fetters, my wife
agreed with you the whole time, so we both laughed pretty hard at your
post. I had it comin'.

I've heard rumors that the Japanese are building mini-500s and
Voyagers... true? parts is parts, ya' know. My good friend, Richard
Runk, just bought a mini. He also purchased a turbine and we are
developing a new turbine drive and engagement system. The mini is so
beautiful.

Jim
August 19th 03, 04:06 AM
Can't put anything past you guys, I have on the trailer and I'm going to
bring it home and store it until time/money is available again to fly
(forced into retirement). Quite frankly its a pain in the ass to drive to
the airport to fly. The hangar while cheap enough is on the other side of
town (Sacramento, the traffic clogged **** hole of the earth). I am going to
try to rig it for trailer storage and operations (when the Studebaker is
done).

I might add though that the tower personel at SAC are excellent people, very
helpful, the airport is well maintained and clean. I love the airport, just
hate the hastle getting there.

Jim

"Murphy's law" > wrote in message > What's up with the Past
tense?

Cam
August 19th 03, 03:14 PM
Get A job!

"Murphy's law" > wrote in message
m...
> "Jim" > wrote in message
> > Somebody has used a rotory engine however I don't think it was a Mazda.
> > don't know for sure but I think Rick Stitt that used to offer the
> > conversion.
> >
> > Ya know I hate to say it but my Mini-500 was flying perfectly in its
100%
> > stock updated version. Engine never missed a beat, always running in the
> > green, never ever failed to start on the first attempt and flew very
> > smoothly (remaining at or below 65 MPHI because I'm a pussy) . It always
had
> > excess power even over tall grass at temps up to 90 degrees.Qualifier is
it
> > only has 67 hours TTSN. One other complaint. Translating pirouettes
were
> > difficult CCW into the wind or CW down wind (or visa versa I forget) .
> >
> > Jim
>
> What's up with the Past tense?

Google