PDA

View Full Version : Turbine PIC time at Group3 for $135?

Jacob Burnetski
September 24th 03, 02:25 PM
Has anyone tried the program at Group3 that allows you to build PIC
time in a 206? I found it when I was looking for a transition course,
and it just seems too good to be true. $135 for 206 time?
http://www.group3aviation.com/site/helitrain/pic/bottom.html

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has tried it.

Thanks.

nishan
September 24th 03, 08:38 PM
Jacob Burnetski > wrote in message >...
> Has anyone tried the program at Group3 that allows you to build PIC
> time in a 206? I found it when I was looking for a transition course,
> and it just seems too good to be true. $135 for 206 time?
> http://www.group3aviation.com/site/helitrain/pic/bottom.html
>
> I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has tried it.
>
> Thanks.

Hmmm. I'm wondering if this flying with "Commander" Chuck Street in
the KIIS FM traffic helicopter. Both a PPL(H) friend of mine and my
CFI said they both got to do it for free sometime ago. Again, just
wondering...

Nishan

nishan
September 25th 03, 02:32 AM
(nishan) wrote in message
> Hmmm. I'm wondering if this flying with "Commander" Chuck Street in
> the KIIS FM traffic helicopter. Both a PPL(H) friend of mine and my
> CFI said they both got to do it for free sometime ago. Again, just
> wondering...

Actually, I take that back. Speaking to my CFI today, he said that he
did indeed pay about $135/hr to fly it...

nishan

Bart
September 25th 03, 01:32 PM
Save your money and do something more useful to your career;
Head down to Hurst TX and attend the 206BIII initial class at Bell.
You'll actually learn something and actually fly the aircraft.

Bart

Jacob Burnetski wrote:

> Has anyone tried the program at Group3 that allows you to build PIC
> time in a 206? I found it when I was looking for a transition course,
> and it just seems too good to be true. $135 for 206 time?
> http://www.group3aviation.com/site/helitrain/pic/bottom.html
>
> I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has tried it.
>
> Thanks.

Jacob Burnetski
September 25th 03, 07:45 PM
Did he think that it was worth it? Bart has suggested that it might
be a waste of money and I'd like someones opinion thats actually done
it. I'd like to get exposure to the machine, and have some time on
the controls, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to spend $6k for initial
class with Bell when I don't have anywhere near enough time to even
think about a job.

Bart, Nishan?

On 24 Sep 2003 18:32:13 -0700, (nishan) wrote:

(nishan) wrote in message
>> Hmmm. I'm wondering if this flying with "Commander" Chuck Street in
>> the KIIS FM traffic helicopter. Both a PPL(H) friend of mine and my
>> CFI said they both got to do it for free sometime ago. Again, just
>> wondering...
>

>Actually, I take that back. Speaking to my CFI today, he said that he
>did indeed pay about $135/hr to fly it...
>
>nishan

nishan
October 2nd 03, 02:36 AM
Well, I finally did ask my CFI if he thought it was worth it and he
basically said, "yes". Are you going to be allowed to do anything
significant in it? Absolutely not. He said he got to do a
pick-up/set-down and basically "fly it around". If the ship needs to
be "worked" or HOGE'd for a freeway shot or whatever, you'll have to
give up the controls. But if you're looking to experience basic PIC
flight in the 206 to gauge your interest, he felt the price could not
be beat. FWIW, He never did move on to the transition course...

Nishan

Jacob Burnetski > wrote in message >...
> Did he think that it was worth it? Bart has suggested that it might
> be a waste of money and I'd like someones opinion thats actually done
> it. I'd like to get exposure to the machine, and have some time on
> the controls, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to spend $6k for initial
> class with Bell when I don't have anywhere near enough time to even
> think about a job.
>
> Bart, Nishan?
>
> On 24 Sep 2003 18:32:13 -0700, (nishan) wrote:
>
> (nishan) wrote in message
> >> Hmmm. I'm wondering if this flying with "Commander" Chuck Street in
> >> the KIIS FM traffic helicopter. Both a PPL(H) friend of mine and my
> >> CFI said they both got to do it for free sometime ago. Again, just
> >> wondering...
> >

> >Actually, I take that back. Speaking to my CFI today, he said that he
> >did indeed pay about $135/hr to fly it...
> >
> >nishan

Google