PDA

View Full Version : rotorcraft commercial rating or better rating advice

Rick Cook
October 13th 03, 04:49 PM
I am new to message boards so bare with the rookie. I am ASEL
finishing my instrument soon then trying to complete the CFI. I
foresee a job promotion in my work department in the relative near
future which requires ASEL-CFI plus minimum commercial helicopter
rating. If I can get this rating for $30K or less the pay would be
worth it in the long run. I live in lower central mid-Georgia and the
closest place for training is a Vo-tech school in Eastman, GA. They
require full time attendance with no weekend work. This I can not
afford to do since I work full time. I can work every afternoon and
all weekends and take off some time from work as I have much leave
built up, but I cant afford to go total cold turkey on work and take
lessons full time for 6-12 months.

Question being, is there any chance of connecting with a helicopter
CFI with access to a helicopter (300CB or any other) who would come to
me and instruct me through the commercial rating?

I did not know if there were retired CFI's or anyone looking for off
seasonal work or whatever ( like crop dusters do during the off
season). Do any of you, more familiar to the field, have any ideas or
(constructive???) advice for me.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Rick.

My email is: