PDA

View Full Version : Gyro Rotor Wing Toy Kite

Tha RagMan
October 26th 03, 12:12 AM
A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
Tha RagMan

Karl Hartig
October 26th 03, 03:07 AM
It's called a gyro-kite, here's a google search.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=gyro-kite&btnG=Google+Search

Tha RagMan wrote:

> A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
> years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
> PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
> line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
> as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
> Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
> Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
> who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
> sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
> Tha RagMan

Tha RagMan
October 26th 03, 01:34 PM
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:07:34 GMT, Karl Hartig >
wrote:

>It's called a gyro-kite, here's a google search.
>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=gyro-kite&btnG=Google+Search
>
>Tha RagMan wrote:
>>
>> A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
>> years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
>> PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
>> line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
>> as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
>> Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
>> Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
>> who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
>> sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
>> Tha RagMan

Many Thanks for the help. It's all in the right search word. Found
exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again for your helping hand.
Tha RagMan

Mr.Twistair
October 26th 03, 08:02 PM
I've got mine from WicksAircraft recently. Nice thing also to study some
tricks on teeter rotor. Particularly, unloading rotor is very spectacular
for much less price than in reality :))

Cheers,

Alex
http://twistairclub.narod.ru Sport Rotorcraft of Russia

"Tha RagMan" > ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: ...
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:07:34 GMT, Karl Hartig >
> wrote:
>
> >It's called a gyro-kite, here's a google search.
>
>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=gyro-kite&btnG=Google+Se
arch

> >Tha RagMan wrote:
> >>
> >> A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
> >> years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
> >> PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
> >> line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
> >> as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
> >> Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
> >> Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
> >> who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
> >> sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
> >> Tha RagMan
>
> Many Thanks for the help. It's all in the right search word. Found
> exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again for your helping hand.
> Tha RagMan

Randy Olson
October 30th 03, 02:13 AM
RagMan,

DO NOT purchase a plastic gyrokite! If you want one that really works and
is fun to fly, check out the following link:
http://www.autogyro.com/models/GyroRaptor/Raptor.htm

Randy

"Tha RagMan" > wrote in message
> A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
> years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
> PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
> line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
> as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
> Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
> Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
> who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
> sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
> Tha RagMan

Tha RagMan
October 30th 03, 12:33 PM
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:13:15 -0500, "Randy Olson" >
wrote:

>RagMan,
>
>DO NOT purchase a plastic gyrokite! If you want one that really works and
>is fun to fly, check out the following link:
>http://www.autogyro.com/models/GyroRaptor/Raptor.htm
>
>Randy
>
>"Tha RagMan" > wrote in message
>> A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
>> years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
>> PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
>> line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
>> as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
>> Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
>> Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
>> who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
>> sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
>> Tha RagMan

Randy;
The GyroRaptor is very interesting but way on the expensive side
compared to the commercially prebuilt Gyro Kite. I have seen the Gyro
Kite and it flys perfectly. You don't have to build it and it cost
about 1/3 of the GyroRaptor kit that has to be built.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your info is appreciated.
Tha RagMan

John
November 11th 03, 04:17 PM
I had a "Copterkite", lost two of them to mast bumping. My fault I flew them
in gusty conditions and a bad regular kite flying habit habit of pulling the
string to increase lift.

Google