PDA

View Full Version : Threads Of Light Created By Airplanes And Some Good Photography Skills

PilotJedi
July 24th 14, 09:10 AM
Nice photographs of long exposure shots of planes landing and taking off. Do you know how they make these?

http://i.imgur.com/aoVXTMg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VWVexKz.jpg

Full Album here : http://www.aviationcv.com/pilot-forum/Thread-Threads-Of-Light-Created-By-Airplanes-And-Some-Good-Photography-Skills

Norm DePlume
July 24th 14, 02:31 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:10:34 +0100, PilotJedi
> wrote:

>Nice photographs of long exposure shots of planes landing and taking
>off. Do you know how they make these?
>
>[image: http://i.imgur.com/aoVXTMg.jpg]
>
>[image: http://i.imgur.com/VWVexKz.jpg]
>
>Full Album here : http://tinyurl.com/oodw6w7

Nice, thank you.

the Legend of LAX[_3_]
July 24th 14, 09:14 PM
On 7/24/2014 3:10 AM, PilotJedi wrote:
> Nice photographs of long exposure shots of planes landing and taking
> off. Do you know how they make these?
>
> [image: http://i.imgur.com/aoVXTMg.jpg]
>
> [image: http://i.imgur.com/VWVexKz.jpg]
>
> Full Album here : http://tinyurl.com/oodw6w7

I've played around a little. These are a couple I shot. First is 20
seconds, second is 10. All it takes is a tripod & a long shutter speed.

--
Dale G Elhardt AG6MA
Flower Mound, TX

MomDude
July 25th 14, 07:26 PM
PilotJedi > wrote:

>Nice photographs of long exposure shots of planes landing and taking
>off. Do you know how they make these?
>
>[image: http://i.imgur.com/aoVXTMg.jpg]
>
>[image: http://i.imgur.com/VWVexKz.jpg]
>
>Full Album here : http://tinyurl.com/oodw6w7

Photos like this are made with very long exposures, a minute or two
all the way up to thirty or forty minutes or longer. Find a suitable
location, set camera on a sturdy tripod, stop down the lens or even
use a ND filter (otherwise it will all be washed out in just a few
seconds), and open the lens for five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen...
Play with it and see what happens.

Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]
July 26th 14, 12:14 AM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:10:34 +0100, PilotJedi
> wrote:

>Nice photographs of long exposure shots of planes landing and taking
>off. Do you know how they make these?
>
>[image: http://i.imgur.com/aoVXTMg.jpg]
>
>[image: http://i.imgur.com/VWVexKz.jpg]
>
>Full Album here : http://tinyurl.com/oodw6w7

Was shooting Orion one night and saw an airliner turning final for
KSEA. The belts of Orion...?

Bob ^,,^

Google