PDA

View Full Version : Addon heli rating, does it require a written?

Eric D
November 11th 03, 08:22 PM
If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
student would have to take?

Eric D

November 11th 03, 08:34 PM
Nope, no written needed for private heli. add-on
to your private ASEL.

Eric D > wrote:

> If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
> take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
> yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
> student would have to take?

> Eric D

Stevenatherton
November 11th 03, 09:43 PM
of course you have to do a heli written
why would they have a different one for fixed wing otherwise

Thomas Magnum
November 11th 03, 11:40 PM
On 11 Nov 2003 21:43:44 GMT, (Stevenatherton)
wrote:

>of course you have to do a heli written
>why would they have a different one for fixed wing otherwise

If you are adding a privite to your private, no written is required.
If you are going from private to commercial, a written is required.

Ken Sandyeggo
November 12th 03, 02:51 AM
(Stevenatherton) wrote in message >...
> of course you have to do a heli written
> why would they have a different one for fixed wing otherwise

Steve,

"Of course" answers don't cut it. I have a private SEL and when I got
my rotorcraft rating, no written was required.

Stu Fields
November 12th 03, 03:50 AM
I got my helo add-on a couple of years ago. No written. However, I was
given 17 pages of questions that could be used in the oral...I might as well
have taken the written. There was navigation, weather (a bunch) airspace,
wt & balance.etc. etc.
Stu Fields
"Eric D" > wrote in message
om...
> If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
> take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
> yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
> student would have to take?
>
> Eric D

Charlie Weigandt
November 12th 03, 08:21 PM
"Stu Fields" > wrote in message >...
> I got my helo add-on a couple of years ago. No written. However, I was
> given 17 pages of questions that could be used in the oral...I might as well
> have taken the written. There was navigation, weather (a bunch) airspace,
> wt & balance.etc. etc.
> Stu Fields
> "Eric D" > wrote in message
> om...
> > If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
> > take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
> > yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
> > student would have to take?
> >
> > Eric D

How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?

Gig Giacona
November 12th 03, 09:32 PM
"Charlie Weigandt" > wrote in message
om...
> "Stu Fields" > wrote in message
> > I got my helo add-on a couple of years ago. No written. However, I was
> > given 17 pages of questions that could be used in the oral...I might as
well
> > have taken the written. There was navigation, weather (a bunch)
airspace,
> > wt & balance.etc. etc.
> > Stu Fields
> > "Eric D" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
> > > take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
> > > yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
> > > student would have to take?
> > >
> > > Eric D
>
> How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?

Nope

Eric D
November 13th 03, 05:04 PM
> > If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
> > take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
> > yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
> > student would have to take?
> >
> > Eric D
> >
> > How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?
>
> Nope

Can someone reference where this is stated in the FAR's?

Thanks,

Eric D

Gig Giacona
November 13th 03, 06:19 PM
"Eric D" > wrote in message
om...
> > > If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
> > > take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
> > > yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
> > > student would have to take?
> > >
> > > Eric D
> > >
> > > How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?
> >
> > Nope
>
> Can someone reference where this is stated in the FAR's?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric D

I think it is 61.63 that covers it

Gig Giacona
November 13th 03, 06:27 PM
"Eric D" > wrote in message
om...
> > > If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
> > > take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
> > > yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
> > > student would have to take?
> > >
> > > Eric D
> > >
> > > How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?
> >
> > Nope
>
> Can someone reference where this is stated in the FAR's?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric D

And to be more specific 61.63 b 5

John Roncallo
November 14th 03, 12:23 AM
Eric D wrote:
>>>If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
>>>take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
>>>yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
>>>student would have to take?
>>>
>>>Eric D
>>>
>>>How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?
>>
>>Nope
>

> Can someone reference where this is stated in the FAR's?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric D

I dont know but I just did my Private addon in December and my
commercial addon in July. I did not do a written.

J. Roncallo

Google