PDA

View Full Version : CH53 refueling video

John
December 5th 03, 03:36 PM
Just came across this, it may be very old- still amazing:
http://www.bajabob.net/images/humor/final/ch53inflight.WMV

terra
December 5th 03, 10:00 PM
John wrote:

> Just came across this, it may be very old- still amazing:
> http://www.bajabob.net/images/humor/final/ch53inflight.WMV

Neat!
One of my A&P instructors, Marine CH53 mechanic, showed us videotape of a CH53A
looping and rolling. He said that a CH53 on the ground will chop off the front
of the cockpit if the cyclic is pushed forward abruptly.

Rhodesst
December 5th 03, 11:54 PM
>John wrote:
>
>> Just came across this, it may be very old- still amazing:
>> http://www.bajabob.net/images/humor/final/ch53inflight.WMV
>
>Neat!
>One of my A&P instructors, Marine CH53 mechanic, showed us videotape of a
>CH53A
>looping and rolling. He said that a CH53 on the ground will chop off the
>front
>of the cockpit if the cyclic is pushed forward abruptly.

I've seen this one before and it is neat! It never ceases to amaze me just how
far the blades can flap. I can imagine the comment the pilot made right after
that happened! :-)

Does anyone know what kind of consequences the pilot might have faced after
this kind of incident? Also, are there any significant maintenance issues for
the blades and rotor system after something like this? It looks like a
non-issue but you never know.

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

Google