PDA

View Full Version : Parts Search

gaylon9
December 6th 03, 10:45 PM
Recently came across a web site that lets you run a bid search for parts.
Almost like EBay in reverse.
Needed a battery for 206 and got several responses with greatly varing
prices. Ended up with about 1/2 price of full retail.
http://www.helicopteraircraftparts.com/
Gaylon

gaylon9
December 11th 03, 01:57 AM
Who is the 'They' you are referring to?
The company I am dealing with is a Bell Service Center that at one point
did the maintainence on my machine (with a former owner in Florida) and
still has the pop out floats in storage.
Don't think a blanket condemnation of the site is wise or justified.
Where do you come up with the idea that this site "sell parts that don't
have paperwork."
Esp. since you don't know which bid I accepted?!
Gaylon
"Craig Welch" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:45:45 -0600, "gaylon9" >
> wrote:
>
> >Recently came across a web site that lets you run a bid search for parts.
> >Almost like EBay in reverse.
> >Needed a battery for 206 and got several responses with greatly varing
> >prices. Ended up with about 1/2 price of full retail.
> >http://www.helicopteraircraftparts.com/
>
> Scary. They sell parts that don't have paperwork. Criminal.
>
> --
> Craig

Google