PDA

View Full Version : Ler's clean up some sloppy terrminology here

Bob
January 16th 04, 05:51 AM
As faras th clutch/ freewheeling unit string goes we need to agree on yhe
folloeing

Bob
January 16th 04, 06:03 AM
Yeah...as I was saying:
Clutch/freewheelimg unit:

Some are "sprag type" as in Bell Models et.al.
Others are centrifugal types as im AS360 Dauphne
Others are roller and cam type as im Sikorsky S-61
and on and on

No matter what type they are. their job is ro engage (lock) the rotor to the
engine(s)when we want the rotor to be under power, and disengage from the
engines (unlock) allowing the rotor to freewheel without beimg coupled to a
badly running or failed engine. Hence we have freewheelimg rotor
autorotation ability. That all seemed to get a bit muddy in the previous
strings and was probably my fault. Sorry about that.

Google