PDA

View Full Version : gyroplane Safari South Africa

Jan
January 17th 04, 06:28 PM
Hi NG!

Do anyone know a company in South Africa that offers
Gyroplane-Safaries. I heard there meight be someone in Johannesburg. I
think they offer Krueger Park and area around. But Google found
nothing. Perhaps here someone knows something about it.

thx for your answers
jan

Ken Reynolds
January 18th 04, 04:52 PM
I think I saw an ad for what you want in one of these newsletters. Cant
remember which one but worth a look
Kegards
Ken
"http://www.magnigyro.com/USA/S.A.%20Newsletter/Magni%20news%20letter%20july
_02.pdf

Hennie
January 20th 04, 07:02 AM
Jan,
I do not know about any Gyro Safari to the Kruger park.
As far as I know there are flight restrictions over the park.

Regards

Hennie Roets

South Africa

Danie
February 2nd 04, 06:52 PM
(Hennie) wrote in message >...
> Jan,
> I do not know about any Gyro Safari to the Kruger park.
> As far as I know there are flight restrictions over the park.
>
> Regards
>
> Hennie Roets
>
> South Africa

Hi

Hennie you are quite right. There are height restrictions over Kruger
Park - Legislation will come into operation shortly where no unauth
flying (excl the park's own aircraft) will be allowed over any
national park under 2500 ft above the highest point in that park. In
Kruger, the highest point is Khandizwe (south-western corner of
Kruger) with a height of around 850m above sea level (i.e. around 2800
ft). This means that no flying in Kruger will be allowed lower than
around 5300ft above sea level.

Hope this helps!
(Regards from a fellow radio amateur - ex Free-stater around
Kroonstad. Hope all is still well with you Hennie!)
Danie

Google