PDA

View Full Version : Just stumbled onto this page and wondered - 1 attachment

911
August 22nd 14, 05:15 PM
First pure all-Jap fighter in 75 years.

I was curious about the blurring on nose gear. S'pose it is
just some number... but on a prototype? Comments?

http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Economy/Policy-Politics/Japan-throttles-up-
work-on-homegrown-fighter-jet

( http://tinyurl.com/pow79kl )

TOKYO -- Japan will begin test flights next year to determine whether the
country has the right stuff to build a fighter jet without relying on Western
contractors.

The Ministry of Defense plans to seek around 40 billion yen ($384 million) in
funding for the effort for the fiscal year starting next April.

(cont'd on page)

..

John Szalay[_2_]
August 22nd 14, 07:20 PM
911 > wrote in :

> First pure all-Jap fighter in 75 years.
>
> I was curious about the blurring on nose gear. S'pose it is
> just some number... but on a prototype? Comments?

I suspect its to cover the detail of the "saw tooth" shape of the edge of
the gear doors, as was done on the F-117 & B-2
( straight line too detectable on radar.)

other images also blurred , and including the intake details.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/sekiseikai_2007/e/2d13bb56d755082929562c2dc37c8bb8

911
August 22nd 14, 08:12 PM
John Szalay <john.szalay.at.att.net> wrote in
31:

> 911 > wrote in :
>
>> First pure all-Jap fighter in 75 years.
>>
>> I was curious about the blurring on nose gear. S'pose it is
>> just some number... but on a prototype? Comments?
>>

> I suspect its to cover the detail of the "saw tooth" shape of the edge of
> the gear doors, as was done on the F-117 & B-2
> ( straight line too detectable on radar.)
>
> other images also blurred , and including the intake details.
>
> http://blog.goo.ne.jp/sekiseikai_2007/e/2d13bb56d755082929562c2dc37c8bb8

*SLAP* I coulda had a V-8!

I'd like to think I'd have figgered it out if the full intake in my pic was
blurred. They may have 'shopped it or made some changes between the taking
of the two pictures we posted.

Thanks for the help.

911
August 22nd 14, 08:25 PM
911 > wrote in :

> John Szalay <john.szalay.at.att.net> wrote in
> 31:
>
>> 911 > wrote in :
>>
>>> First pure all-Jap fighter in 75 years.
>>>
>>> I was curious about the blurring on nose gear. S'pose it is
>>> just some number... but on a prototype? Comments?
>>>

>> I suspect its to cover the detail of the "saw tooth" shape of the edge
>> of the gear doors, as was done on the F-117 & B-2
>> ( straight line too detectable on radar.)
>>
>> other images also blurred , and including the intake details.
>>
>> http://blog.goo.ne.jp/sekiseikai_2007/e/2d13bb56d755082929562c2dc37c8bb8
>

> *SLAP* I coulda had a V-8!
>
> I'd like to think I'd have figgered it out if the full intake in my pic
> was blurred. They may have 'shopped it or made some changes between the
> taking of the two pictures we posted.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Oh wow. Yep there is 'quite of bit' of diff (probably 'shopping) the more
I compare ours and other pics of the ATD-X.

e.g. The nose gear cover gets moved from forward to behind the gear.
!Photoshop!
May be the reason for intake blurring in one pic, but not in the other.

Google