PDA

View Full Version : Enstrom on ebay

joe
February 5th 04, 06:41 AM
There's a 1979 Enstrom f28-c on ebay. The seller says it needs one main
blade and both tail blades. I'm guessing this would at least double the $47k
buy it now price? Any ideas on the cost of those parts?
Yea, I'm still thinking about buying a helicopter. The winnings are doing
well in my investments and it just might be doable sometime in the future.

Joe (Millionaire) ;-)

Andrew Crane
February 5th 04, 09:53 AM
"joe" > wrote in message
> There's a 1979 Enstrom f28-c on ebay. The seller says it needs one main
> blade and both tail blades. I'm guessing this would at least double the
$47k
> buy it now price? Any ideas on the cost of those parts?
> Yea, I'm still thinking about buying a helicopter. The winnings are doing
> well in my investments and it just might be doable sometime in the future.

One has to wonder why it needs one main and two tail blades. I can only
think of a few scenarios.

- that the tail has timed out at the same time of one of the main blades
in which case why were the others replaced during its lifetime?
- that one of the main blades was replaced by a second hand one during
the lifetime of the set
- It's had a knock or been vandalised or something?

Is there an innocent explanation?

Regards
Andrew

Davdirect
February 5th 04, 01:46 PM
I didn't think the blades were life limited on Enstroms and were replaced on
condition if they start to delaminate?
davdirect

Andrew Crane
February 5th 04, 02:42 PM
"Davdirect" > wrote in message
> I didn't think the blades were life limited on Enstroms and were replaced
on
> condition if they start to delaminate?

ooer - so it could be that there are two delaminating tail blades and two
main ones. I wouldn't like to have been the one who flew the thing to where
it is now :-)

Regards
Andrew

Ga. Chopper
February 5th 04, 07:35 PM
Enstrom main rotor blades are "on condition" with no specific hours to
replacement. Three major problems that can occur are: delamiantion,
errossion and corrosion. The MR baldes on that particular F-28C-2 are
delaminated. The TR blades are also damaged. I know of another Enstrom
mechanic who went and looked at it. It needs alot of work and major
bucks to made it airworthy. Be care, the price is too high for that
Enstrom.

Ga. Chopper
February 5th 04, 07:36 PM
Enstrom main rotor blades are "on condition" with no specific hours to
replacement. Three major problems that can occur are: delamiantion,
errossion and corrosion. The MR baldes on that particular F-28C-2 are
delaminated. The TR blades are also damaged. I know of another Enstrom
mechanic who went and looked at it. It needs alot of work and major
bucks to make it airworthy. Be care, the price is too high for that
Enstrom.

Google